Results

We found
2248
matching items
  • Women's Institutes: Women's Institutes Documents
  • Women's Institutes: User Contributions: 125 Years of Women Involved! WI Plaques, Halls, and Projects Across the Province
  • Adelaide Hunter Hoodless Homestead - National Historic Site
        The childhood home of Adelaide Hunter Hoodless and now a National Historic Site operated by the Federated Women's Institutes of Canada. Adelaide was a domestic science reformer. Besides inspiring the Women's Institute, she was responsible for YWCA, VON and MacDonald Institute at Guelph University. Built in 1830 by John Bray ...
      The childhood home of Adelaide Hunter Hoodless and now a National Historic ...
  • Braemar W.I. Plaque
        This plaque was placed on the gatepost of Jonathan Hook’s farm prior to the 1960’s. It is not yet known who installed the plaque. This photo was taken in the fall of 2017.
      This plaque was placed on the gatepost of Jonathan Hook’s farm prior ...
  • Memorial Tree at Barnet Park, Calabogie
        On September 21, 2018, Calabogie Ontario was hit by a tornado. Considerable damage was done to houses and trees; even damaging the top of the hydro dam. Many trees on the peninsula jutting out on Calabogie Lake in Barnet Park were felled. The ladies of Calabogie WI decided to plant ...
      On September 21, 2018, Calabogie Ontario was hit by a tornado. Considerable ...
  • 125th Anniversary Quilt Challenge
        This was one of the submissions from WI members. Deadline was January 30, 2022 with winners announced on February 19, 2022.
      This was one of the submissions from WI members. Deadline was January ...
  • Greenwood WI Memory Garden
        Greenwood Women's Institute Memory Garden Established 1995 Please plant a flower.
      Greenwood Women's Institute Memory Garden Established 1995 Please plant a flower.
  • Henry Muma Street Plaque
        Henry Muma 1822-1902 "Squire" Muma, farmer, land agent, and entrepreneur, was born in Brant County and reportedly came to Blenheim Township in the 1840's. In 1851 he purchased land here and laid out a village plot known as Muma's Corners. In 1854 a Post Office named Drumbo was opened and ...
      Henry Muma 1822-1902 "Squire" Muma, farmer, land agent, and entrepreneur, was born ...
  • Kemble WI Cairn and Parkette for Oldest Active WI Branch in World
        This cairn and parkette were created by Kemble WI, the oldest active WI Branch in the world, to commemorate the 110th anniversary of the WI movement. It was erected in a newly developed parkette/lookout and opened on September 11, 2007. The cairn was designed by Marnie Cheyne. The table is ...
      This cairn and parkette were created by Kemble WI, the oldest active ...
  • Brooksdale WI Plaque - Youngsville
        Youngsville In 1839 Gabriel Youngs came from New York State and purchased 1000 acres of land surrounding these crossroads. The Great Western Hotel, built on this site before 1850, served settlers travelling from Beachville to Stratford. This being the central point of the township, the West Zorra Counci lmet here ...
      Youngsville In 1839 Gabriel Youngs came from New York State and purchased ...
  • Adamsville WI Hall
        Adamsville WI Hall Adamsville Women's Institute was organized in 1934 and disbanded in 2012. The Community Hall was the former one-room school (S.S. #3, Albemarle Township, Bruce County) until 1967 when Central Schools were formed. The Community bought the school for $50.00 and appointed a Board of Trustees. The building ...
      Adamsville WI Hall Adamsville Women's Institute was organized in 1934 and disbanded ...
  • Gillies Hill Remembering Hamlets
        This collage represents the signs that were updated and replaced in 2016 by the Gillies Hill WI in remembrance of hamlets in the community which are now gone but not forgotten. The signs shown are for the hamlets Carnegie, Cantire, Gillies Hill, Lockerby, Mickle, and Vesta.
      This collage represents the signs that were updated and replaced in 2016 ...
  • Gillies Hill Adopt a Road - 20th anniversary
        In 2017 Gillies Hill WI members proudly marked their 20th anniversary of cleaning the roadside of a section of road north of Chesley, Ontario.
      In 2017 Gillies Hill WI members proudly marked their 20th anniversary of ...
  • Teeterville WI Hall
        Teeterville Women's Institute Hall, located at 194 Teeter Street, Teeterville. The S.S. No. 11 Teeterville, built in 1871, became the Teeterville Women’s Institute in 1962. The school was in operation from 1872 to 1962. Photo courtesy of Norfolk County Heritage and Culture. Photo used with permission.
      Teeterville Women's Institute Hall, located at 194 Teeter Street, Teeterville. The S.S. ...
  • Solway WI Plaque
        Plaque reads: "Est. 1951 Solway Women's Institute [Home and Country Logo] Dedicate this plaque to the pioneer settlers of Solway 2011"
      Plaque reads: "Est. 1951 Solway Women's Institute [Home and Country Logo] Dedicate ...
  • Coningsby Road Sign
        This photo, taken in 2015, depicts Coningsby WI's UK twin WI group from Coningsby, Lincolnshire, England. They visited to celebrate the Centennial of the Women's Institutes in the UK as well as the 110th anniversary of Ontario's Coningsby WI branch. The Coningsby road sign was put up to celebrate the ...
      This photo, taken in 2015, depicts Coningsby WI's UK twin WI group ...
  • Cornell WI Hall - 2016
        In 2016, Norwich Township declared that the hall could not be rented due to changing fire regulations. With rising hydro and fuel costs and declining involvement, the Cornell Women's Institute could no longer look after the hall. The Township sold it in 2017 to Wilson Farms from Norwich.
      In 2016, Norwich Township declared that the hall could not be rented ...
  • Cornell WI Hall - 1972
    The Tillsonburg News, 27 Mar 1972     The Tillsonburg News March 27, 1972 Old Cornell School Now Community Hall Some hard work by Cornell residents has resulted in turning their old school-house into a very acceptable community hall. The hall is over 100 years old. It was closed down as a school several years ago, and the ...
    The Tillsonburg News, 27 Mar 1972   The Tillsonburg News March 27, 1972 Old Cornell School Now Community Hall ...
  • Braemar Hall
        At one time, This Braemar Hall was the hub of the community as it hosted both social and church events. It was on land adjacent to that owned by Lloyd Masters who at the time of the hall’s demise took over the lot as part of his farm on the ...
      At one time, This Braemar Hall was the hub of the community ...
  • Memorial Tree Planted by Kingsmill-Mapleton WI
        The memorial stone reads: "In Memory of Roger Tree lovingly donated by the Jammers and K.M.W.I [Kingsmill Mapleton WI]."
      The memorial stone reads: "In Memory of Roger Tree lovingly donated by ...
  • Kingsmill-Mapleton WI Centennial Plaque, Belmont, 1907-2007
        "Kingsmill Mapleton Women Institute 1907-2007"
      "Kingsmill Mapleton Women Institute 1907-2007"
  • Former Calton WI Hall
        This building was originally the Calton WI Hall, but was later sold to be used as a private home.
      This building was originally the Calton WI Hall, but was later sold ...
Sort
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit
Privacy Policy