FWIO 50th Anniversary Celebration Programme, 1947
- Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON), 18 Jun 1947
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Minutes and proceedings
- This is a 8-page souvenir programme for the 50th anniversary of the Women's Institute movement. The cover has a message from Buckingham Palace. Inside are other messages from the Prime Minister, the Premier of Ontario, and the Ontario Minister of Agriculture.
Other pages include the pioneers of the WI, FWIO Past Presidents, and Past Superintendents. There is a summary of an Historical Pageant:"Let There Be Light." The last page gives a short essay "We Treasure the Past - We Face the Future."
The celebration was held on June 18, 1947 at Ontario's Agricultural College, Guelph.
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
- Date of Publication
- 18 Jun 1947
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.53106 Longitude: -80.22869
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
- Location of Original
- Original at Arnprior & McNab/Braeside Archives, as part of the Castleford WI Tweedsmuir Community History Collection.
- For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details.
- Reproduction Notes
- Contact the holder of the original.
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontariofwio@fwio.on.ca
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6