For 34 years the Prince Edward District W.I. has held an Art & Craft Sale. It was decided then that the major proceeds of this sale would be for accessible transportation for the county, for Seniors and the disabled. In 2007 this came to fruition as $100,000 was donated to help purchase a bus, hire a driver and get the "on demand" bus on the road. Each year a minimum of $5,000 is donated towards the cause. The bus now runs 5 days a week.
Accessible Transportation in Prince Edward County
- Media Type
- Prince Edward District member and former president, Joan Williams welcoming Mr. & Mrs. Allison coming off the Quinte Access Bus to attend our Art & Craft Sale.
- Date of Publication
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.09917 Longitude: -77.57755
- Wilma de Wolde
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
- For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details.
- Reproduction Notes
- Contact the holder of the original
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontariofwio@fwio.on.ca
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6
- Full Text