1961 Stone Cairn and Plaque at the Erland Lee (Museum) Home
- Media Type
- Item Types
- This plaque, mounted on a stone cairn, was placed at the roadside in front of the Erland Lee (Museum) Home in 1961, while it was still a private residence. It reads "In memory of Erland Lee and his wife, Janet, who pioneered the first Women's Institute - now world-wide - at Stoney Creek, February 19th, 1897, and to commemorate their home with table on which the constitution was drawn up."
The photo was taken February 2016.
- Date of Publication
- Date Of Event
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.21681 Longitude: -79.76633
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
- Location of Original
- Erland Lee (Museum) Home
- For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontariofwio@fwio.on.ca
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6