Rural Renegades Clue #3
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Over the past couple years there have been many people around us giving their best effort during such a difficult time. Doctors, nurses and other first responders, teachers, students, family members and so many others in our lives deserve our thanks and praise. These people lead us to our theme of Inspiration. We each chose one word or short phrase of inspiration on our rock to share with someone in hope they too will be filled with inspiration for the future just as so many have inspired us through these past few years.
One team member has been inspired by the recreation team at her mom's care home. They rec team recently helped the residents and other staff to celebrate PRIDE and the unique spirit inside all of us. She painted her rock to look like a unicorn and wrote "Be Unique" on it to encourage whomever may find it to celebrate the beauty of their own individuality. She will place her rock at her mom's care home under a tree where there are already other "kindness rocks" for the community to enjoy and share.
Another member painted a dandelion on her rock, representing growth, hope and healing. She wants to inspire others as life begins to return to normal post-Covid to remember that now is a time for personal Growth. It is also a time for Healing physically and emotionally from both illness and isolation. And it is a time for Hope for the future and the life you choose to live. She am going to hide this for her neighbour who is struggling with mental health issues brought on by the isolation of Covid, and being unable to travel to see their family. She hopes it inspires them to make plans with their family that they can look forward to!
A third member painted the word hope on a rock she had found in her yard with her son's name already written on it. These past few years have been difficult for teenagers across the board. On line school and isolation from friends made what is typically a tough time for young people even more difficult. She painted the word Hope on her stone. When her son finds it she wants him to be reminded there is Hope for the future. It is there for her son and others, giving them strength to create a positivity and kindness moving forward. They CAN change the world one step at a time with a little love and encouragement.
Our 4th member has chosen her youngest daughter as her person to recognize and give inspiration to. The daughter has had many challenges over the past 2 years, not only her 2 full years of higher education, managing her jobs and supporting her coworkers, but also ensuring she keeps maintaining friendships and helping her family face many challenges through these crazy times. Through this challenging period, she has maintained a positive attitude and shown strength of character, meeting each challenge with hope and confidence that things will get better. The strength she has shown, has inspired this member to have the strength to keep going and move forward, facing each day with a positive attitude.
- Submission part of the WISH challenge for WI's 125 anniversary
- Date of Publication
- Jun 2022
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1334 Longitude: -80.34967
- Karen Ilett Condon
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontariofwio@fwio.on.ca
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6