No Spring Chickens Clue #2
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Our creation is named:
The Lights on the Bus Go: FLASH, FLASH, FLASH !!!
RESOLUTION is defined as:
1) A firm decision to do or not to do something.
2) A formal expression of opinion or intention agreed on by a legislative body or other formal meeting after taking a vote.
When a strong group of women get together and make up their minds to do something, that decision is firm. Such are the women of the Women’s Institute.
The WI has made a significant difference to many lives by bringing forth “Resolutions” and lobbying the Government to improve the well being of our society.
Our LEGO creation depicts one of those significant changes. Between the years of 1958 and 1998 resolutions were brought forth to mandate that: traffic stop in both directions for school buses when children are getting on and off, that children cross in front of the bus, that there be no passing until flashing lights are turned off and that safety bars be mandatory on all buses.
The LEGO school represents the resolution most recently put forth by the Codrington WI to have a lifestyle program developed to teach Secondary School students, food literacy, cooking skills, nutrition and wellness practices.
The team of No Spring Chickens would like to recognize and give credit to our grandchildren for helping with our creation.
WOMEN’S INSTITUTE ……… CREATING CHANGE
(PS. We are missing one No Spring Chicken as she is very busy during tax season.)
- Submission part of the WISH challenge for WI's 125th anniversary
- Date of Publication
- Apr 2022
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.16682 Longitude: -77.7995
- Andrea Nelson
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontariofwio@fwio.on.ca
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6