South Cochrane District WI Tweedsmuir Community History Vol. 1
- Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON), 1965-1975
- Edna R. Gettler, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Curator, Edna R. Gettler provides a 3-page preface, dated May 3, 1965, including where various books were held at that time. It was noted that District books prior to 1916 were destroyed in a fire.
A table of contents is on page 7 and includes District History, District Officers, FWIO Directors, a summary of each Branch within the District, District Projects and Events, and other items (some of this is in Volumes 2 and 3).
Temiskaming District (1908-1927) was divided into 3 in 1927 - Centre, South, and Matheson (p.19). In 1943 Cochrane South was added to make 4 Districts. A map of Cochrane South is on p.27, with the following page listing the branches from 1943 to 1965.
- The full book is hand-written, with a few maps and photos.
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 48.65017 Longitude: -80.68307
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
- Location of Original
- Original perhaps at Cochrane Public Library
- For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details.
- Reproduction Notes
- Contact the holder of the original.
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontariofwio@fwio.on.ca
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6