Dewars WI Tweedsmuir Community History, Volume 2 (1941-1980)
- Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON), 1941-1980
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This Tweedsmuir volume contains much of the same information that was in volume 1, with the farm and family histories much expanded.
- 4 maps (p.5) showing locations of schools, churches, store/Post Office and names of property owners for the years 1825-1900, 1900-1925, 1950, and 1990
- a short history of the WI branch and District Annuals held at Dewars; some photos
- history of churches
- Sand Point Orange Lodge history
- School history (SS #7 McNab)
- when hydro arrived in 1950
- Many farm, house, and family histories, with some photos. Includes Bahm, William Blackburn, John Caldwell, Stewart Carmichael, William Carswell, McVean, Crawford Dewar, Donald Dewar, Cameron, Hugh Lynn, Dodds, Dillon, Robert Lavallee, Lemmon, George McLean, MacMillan, Boyd, McNulty, Odber, Russett, Stevenson, Stewart, and Storie.
- Page 114 provides the 1945 100th anniversary celebration of the log barn built by Peter Campbell in 1845.
- Ottawa Valley Road map
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.48341 Longitude: -76.4827
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
- Location of Original
- Arnprior & McNab/Braeside Archives
- For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details.
- Reproduction Notes
- Contact the holder of the original
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontariofwio@fwio.on.ca
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6