Glasgow Women's Institute's Peace Pole
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Glasgow WI erected a Peace Pole today in Waba Gardens, White Lake. This pole was craved out by one of our own members. The pole is a 6x6 cedar post. On each side we wrote the word peace in a different language. The languages we chose are English, Algonquian, French and Gaelic.
The Peace Pole symbolizes the oneness of humanity and our common wish for a world at peace. It reminds us to think, speak and act in the spirit of peace and harmony.
- Plaque at top reads: "Celebrating Women's Institutes for Home & Country 120 Years and Canada 150, Presented by Glasgow Women's Institute 2017"
On each side of the post is the word "Peace" in different languages.
- Language of Item
- Algonquian languages; English; French; Gaelic; Scottish Gaelic
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.4416795769542 Longitude: -76.5095768676758
Latitude: 45.3615955457713 Longitude: -76.5019481176758
- Sandy Miller
- For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details
- Reproduction Notes
- Contact the holder of the original.
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontariofwio@fwio.on.ca
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6