Elgin County Pioneer Museum 
still imagestill image The Elgin County Pioneer Museum, 32 Talbot Street, St Thomas was founded in 1957. www.elgincounty.ca/archives (Click on "Collections" in blue banner menu; click on blue"on-line database"; in search line, type in "elgin county pioneer museum- there are 239 results. i.e. things in...
Blakeney Plaque unveiling 
still image On Nov.7,2010 the Mayor of Mississippi Mills,Al Lunney and the President of Ramsay W.I., Cindy Zorgel unveiled a plaque at the Blakeney Park at the bridge over the Mississippi River, in Lanark County near Pakenham. It showed the locations of the over a dozen mills and shops in early times.
Kilmartin Cemetery Dedication- Yarmouth Glen WI 
still imagestill image Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute undertook a restoration project at Kilmartin Cemetery following a dedication ceremony on June 23, 1963. Please also see another submission on this topic for more information.
Kilmartin Cemetery, Municipality of Central Elgin 
still imagestill image In April 1960, committee of Yarmouth Glen WI met with Yarmouth Township Council regarding a cleanup of Kilmartin cemetery. This resulted in a $50 annual grant given to the branch for upkeep and maintenance of the cemetery. At this time, all markers were removed and the ground leveled. Further...
Wallacetown WI Memorial Tree 
still imagestill image In 1996, a red maple tree was planted at South Dunwich Community Hall in memory of Gertrude Sloan, a WI member of Wallacetown for 30 years. Gertrude was Secretary and Treasurer for 20 years and involved with the London Area Tweedsmuir workshop as well. Photo taken September 2016.
Wallacetown Community Hall and Barn Quilt 
still imagestill image Wallacetown WI, Elgin County, sponsored a Barn Quilt in 2012, on the 100th anniversary of the Branch. The quilt pattern is 'Rail Fence' and it has a nap. It represents the landing of Colonel Talbot in 1803. It is shown at the front of the Hall which fronts onto Hwy 3. Photo of Quilt taken in...
Wellman's Women's Institute Hall 
still imagestill image
Farnham Cemetery WI 100th Anniversary Bench 
still imageobjectstill image To celebrate Arkell WI's 100th Anniversary we dedicated a bench in Farnham Cemetery. Previously Arkell WI supported the Cemetery by providing the funds to build the gate in 1931 and again in 1967. See other photos of gates and plaques
Farnham Cemetery 1967 Gate - Plaque 
still imageobjectstill image Arkell WI supported the Farnham Cemetery by providing the funds to build the gate in 1931 and again in 1967 to celebrate the Centennial. See other photos of gates and 1931 plaque
Farnham Cemetery 1967 Gate 
still imageobjectstill image Arkell WI supported the Farnham Cemetery by providing the funds to build the gate in 1931 and again in 1967 to celebrate the Centennial. See other photos of plaques.
Farnham Cemetery Gate 1931 - Plaque 
still imageobjectstill image Arkell WI supported the Farnham Cemetery by providing the funds to build the gate in 1931 and again in 1967 to celebrate the Centennial. See other photos showing the full gate and the 1967 plaque.
Farnham Cemetery 1931 Gate 
still imageobjectstill image Arkell WI supported the Farnham Cemetery by providing the funds to build the gate in 1931 and again in 1967 to celebrate the Centennial. See other photos for plaques.
Ontario Historic Plaque at Erland Lee (Museum) Home 
still imageobjectstill image In 1967, the Lee family home (not yet a museum) was designated by the Ontario Archaeological and Historic Sites Board. Erland and Janet's daughter and daughter-in-law, Marjorie Lee and Katherine Lee respectively, were present at the unveiling of the sign, which was placed in front of the home at...
Goshen Cemetery Plaque 
still image This plaque was erected by the Goshen W.I. at Goshen Cemetery. The plaque reads "Goshen Cemetery 1831 - 1931 in memory of the pioneers." It is on the brick wall in front of the cemetery.
National Historic Site Plaque at Erland Lee (Museum) Home 
still imageobject2003 In 2003, the Erland Lee (Museum) Home was designated by the Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada, and a plaque was placed by the sidewalk leading into the side porch of the Museum. The plaque reads "This 19th-century farmhouse is the birthplace of the Women's Institutes (WI), an...
Published Facts and Historical Events of the Women's Institute Volume 2 
textVerna Rowena Conant, "Published Facts and Historical Events of the Women's Institute Volume 2," Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 1956 This is a scrapbook created by Verna Rowena Conant, daughter of Christina Smith, who was President of the first branch of the Women's Institute in Stoney Creek. This volume features articles both published and unpublished, booklets, programs, and other memorabilia, all pertaining to the early...
Published Facts and Historical Events of the Women's Institute Volume 1 
textVerna Rowena Conant, "Published Facts and Historical Events of the Women's Institute Volume 1," Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 1956 This is a scrapbook created by Verna Rowena Conant, daughter of Christina Smith, who was President of the first branch of the Women's Institute in Stoney Creek. This volume features articles both published and unpublished, booklets, programs, and other memorabilia, all pertaining to the early...
Erland Centennial Celebrations, Volume 1 
text This is a scrapbook that compiles all of the Centennial Celebrations that took place for the Centennial Anniversary of the Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario that took place in 1997. Each branch was invited to report on the celebratory events and programs and submit photographs of the...
Erland Lee House Log 
text1974 This is a scrapbook-style history of the Lee house, including a genealogy of the Lee family. The book includes a history of each generation to reside in the home and details the process of transitioning the home into a museum.
1961 Stone Cairn and Plaque at the Erland Lee (Museum) Home 
still image This plaque, mounted on a stone cairn, was placed at the roadside in front of the Erland Lee (Museum) Home in 1961, while it was still a private residence. It reads "In memory of Erland Lee and his wife, Janet, who pioneered the first Women's Institute - now world-wide - at Stoney Creek, February...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit