Results

We found
113
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Solway WI Plaque
    ImageObject       Plaque reads: "Est. 1951 Solway Women's Institute [Home and Country Logo] Dedicate this plaque to the pioneer settlers of Solway 2011"
    ImageObject     Plaque reads: "Est. 1951 Solway Women's Institute [Home and Country Logo] Dedicate this plaque to the pioneer settlers of Solway 2011"
  • Gillies Hill Pioneer Monument
    ImageObject       Gillies Hill - site of municipal government 1856-1963 in memory of the pioneers of Elderslie Township
    ImageObject     Gillies Hill - site of municipal government 1856-1963 in memory of the pioneers of Elderslie Township
  • Balsam Hill-Horton w.i. Art Tree
    Image       Canada 150 project, an art tree documenting Admaston Bromley township. It's small communities , clubs and organizations. To be used for Canada 150 celebrations, and to hang in the township offices. The art work was created with the help of the Douglas public library.
    Image     Canada 150 project, an art tree documenting Admaston Bromley township. It's small communities , clubs and organizations. To be used for Canada 150 celebrations, and to hang in the township ...
  • Teeterville WI Hall
    ImageObjectPlace       Teeterville Women's Institute Hall, located at 194 Teeter Street, Teeterville. The S.S. No. 11 Teeterville, built in 1871, became the Teeterville Women’s Institute in 1962. The school was in operation from 1872 to 1962. Photo courtesy of Norfolk County Heritage and Culture. Photo used with permission.
    ImageObjectPlace     Teeterville Women's Institute Hall, located at 194 Teeter Street, Teeterville. The S.S. No. 11 Teeterville, built in 1871, became the Teeterville Women’s Institute in 1962. The school was in operation ...
  • Balsam Hill Horton W.I. Living Museum
    ImageObjectPlace       This red brick school house, S.S No 2 Admaston is maintained by Balsam Hill - Horton Women's Institute. Each spring students from Renfrew County can come to experience a day in a one-room school. W.I. members who are retired school teachers, teach memory work, writing with ink pens and roman ...
    ImageObjectPlace     This red brick school house, S.S No 2 Admaston is maintained by Balsam Hill - Horton Women's Institute. Each spring students from Renfrew County can come to experience a day ...
  • Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 2
    TextImage  Stewartville Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1965]-[ca. 1989]     Volume 2 of 6 Stewartville, previously known as Balmer Island, is a hamlet situated in McNab Township in Renfrew County. It is on the shore of the Madawaska River and was part of the timber era. Some families mentioned are Arnott, Campbell, Coreau, Duff, Graham, Lavallee, McIntyre, McLean, McNab, Michelson, ...
    TextImage  Stewartville Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1965]-[ca. 1989]   Volume 2 of 6 Stewartville, previously known as Balmer Island, is a hamlet situated in McNab Township in Renfrew County. It is on the shore of the Madawaska River and ...
  • Samuel de Champlain Monument
    ImageObject       Plaque reads: "Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada Champlain's Astrolabe Nearby was found in 1867 by Edward George Lee an astrolabe bearing the date 1603. This instrument, used for determining latitude, is believed to have been lost by Champlain about 7th June, 1613, on his exploratory expedition up the ...
    ImageObject     Plaque reads: "Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada Champlain's Astrolabe Nearby was found in 1867 by Edward George Lee an astrolabe bearing the date 1603. This instrument, used for ...
  • Brooksdale WI Scrapbook, 1994-1996
    TextImage  Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1994]-[1996]     Brooksdale WI Scrapbook, 1994-1996 Scrapbook of newspaper clippings from the Brooksdale area, including: - articles about community development and Township council - local school events - articles about the Zorra Highland Games - birthday and anniversary announcements - articles about local musical talent - death notices and obituaries - articles ...
    TextImage  Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1994]-[1996]   Brooksdale WI Scrapbook, 1994-1996 Scrapbook of newspaper clippings from the Brooksdale area, including: - articles about community development and Township council - local school events - articles about the Zorra ...
  • Cornell WI Hall - 1972
    ImageObjectNewspaperPlace  The Tillsonburg News, 27 Mar 1972     The Tillsonburg News March 27, 1972 Old Cornell School Now Community Hall Some hard work by Cornell residents has resulted in turning their old school-house into a very acceptable community hall. The hall is over 100 years old. It was closed down as a school several years ago, and the ...
    ImageObjectNewspaperPlace  The Tillsonburg News, 27 Mar 1972   The Tillsonburg News March 27, 1972 Old Cornell School Now Community Hall Some hard work by Cornell residents has resulted in turning their old school-house into a very acceptable community ...
  • Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 4
    TextImage  Stewartville Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1990]-[ca. 2000]     Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 4 of 6 Stewartville, previously known as Balmer Island, is a hamlet situated in McNab Township in Renfrew County. It is on the shore of the Madawaska River and was part of the timber era. Volumes 3 and 4 contain most of the ...
    TextImage  Stewartville Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1990]-[ca. 2000]   Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 4 of 6 Stewartville, previously known as Balmer Island, is a hamlet situated in McNab Township in Renfrew County. It is on the ...
  • Usbourne School Bell
    ImageObjectPlace       Usbourne Central School Bell November 8, 1976 Wincheslea School Bell was erected at Usbourne Central School. Cost of Bell shared by Student Council of Usbourne Elmville, Hurondale, and Kirkton Womens Institutes. Erected by Fred Bischoff and sons of Exeter. The metal work was done by Carl Gower. The cost was ...
    ImageObjectPlace     Usbourne Central School Bell November 8, 1976 Wincheslea School Bell was erected at Usbourne Central School. Cost of Bell shared by Student Council of Usbourne Elmville, Hurondale, and Kirkton Womens ...
  • Coningsby School Marker
    ImageObject       Stone reads: "Coningsby School Erected 1862"
    ImageObject     Stone reads: "Coningsby School Erected 1862"
  • Amherst Island WI Calendar 1955
    TextObject  Amherst Island Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 1955     Amherst Island WI Calendar - 1955 - Birthday calendar for friends of Amherst Island Women's Institute - The cover features a photo of the Amherst Island Consolidated School - Birthdays of individuals are indicated with names listed in individual dates on the calendar - Ads for various businesses are featured ...
    TextObject  Amherst Island Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 1955   Amherst Island WI Calendar - 1955 - Birthday calendar for friends of Amherst Island Women's Institute - The cover features a photo of the Amherst Island Consolidated School - Birthdays ...
  • Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 3
    TextImage  Stewartville Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1960]-[ca. 1994]     Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 3 of 6 Stewartville, previously known as Balmer Island, is a hamlet situated in McNab Township in Renfrew County. It is on the shore of the Madawaska River and was part of the timber era. Volumes 3 and 4 contain most of the ...
    TextImage  Stewartville Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1960]-[ca. 1994]   Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 3 of 6 Stewartville, previously known as Balmer Island, is a hamlet situated in McNab Township in Renfrew County. It is on the ...
  • Adamsville WI Hall
    ImageObjectPlace       Adamsville WI Hall Adamsville Women's Institute was organized in 1934 and disbanded in 2012. The Community Hall was the former one-room school (S.S. #3, Albemarle Township, Bruce County) until 1967 when Central Schools were formed. The Community bought the school for $50.00 and appointed a Board of Trustees. The building ...
    ImageObjectPlace     Adamsville WI Hall Adamsville Women's Institute was organized in 1934 and disbanded in 2012. The Community Hall was the former one-room school (S.S. #3, Albemarle Township, Bruce County) until 1967 ...
  • Glasgow WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 1
    TextImage  Glasgow Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1946]-[ca. 1956]     Glasgow Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 1 of 4 Glasgow is a hamlet near the centre of McNab Township in Renfrew County. A nearby original hamlet was Lundy’s Corners. The Glasgow WI formed in 1914, disbanded in 1928 and rejoined in March 1948. Some families mentioned are Affleck, Anderson, Brown, ...
    TextImage  Glasgow Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1946]-[ca. 1956]   Glasgow Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 1 of 4 Glasgow is a hamlet near the centre of McNab Township in Renfrew County. A nearby original hamlet was Lundy’s Corners. The ...
  • School Bell Built by Calton WI
    ObjectImage       This is a photograph of a monument was built by the Calton WI following the demolition of Calton School. It features the original school bell covered by a small roof, which is raised above a raised brick wall that has an explanatory plaque affixed to it. The entire monument is ...
    ObjectImage     This is a photograph of a monument was built by the Calton WI following the demolition of Calton School. It features the original school bell covered by a small roof, ...
  • Castleford WI Tweedsmuir Community History, Volume 6
    TextImage  Castleford Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1848] - [1986]     Book Cover - Horton, The Story of a Township Publisher's Note Picture of Landmark Sign, Lt. Christopher James Bell R.N. History of Castleford Women' Institute Picture of Horton Township Council taken in 1928 Newspaper Article - Horton History, Oct. 3, 1984 Newspaper Article - Historical & Museum Society Newspaper Article ...
    TextImage  Castleford Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1848] - [1986]   Book Cover - Horton, The Story of a Township Publisher's Note Picture of Landmark Sign, Lt. Christopher James Bell R.N. History of Castleford Women' Institute Picture of Horton Township Council ...
  • Glasgow WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 3
    TextImage  Glasgow Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1991]-[ca. 2005]     Glasgow WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 3 Glasgow is a hamlet near the centre of McNab Township in Renfrew County. A nearby original hamlet was Lundy’s Corners. The Glasgow WI formed in 1914, disbanded in 1928 and rejoined in March 1948. Some families mentioned are Affleck, Anderson, Brown, Campbell, ...
    TextImage  Glasgow Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1991]-[ca. 2005]   Glasgow WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 3 Glasgow is a hamlet near the centre of McNab Township in Renfrew County. A nearby original hamlet was Lundy’s Corners. The Glasgow ...
  • Burgoyne WI Tweedsmuir Community History, Scrapbook 5
    TextImage  Burgoyne Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1955] - [2006]     Picture dated Oct. 9, 1969 Post Cards of Erland Lee Home Visit to Participation Lodge, June 6, 1991 Day Trip to Larkspur, July 1992 Pictures dated January 1985 Tweedsmuir Display for Guests 1993 Picnic 1994 Picnic at Ray Underwood's Riverside 1994 W.I. Picnic 1994 Paisley Fair Display, Sept. 1995 St. ...
    TextImage  Burgoyne Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1955] - [2006]   Picture dated Oct. 9, 1969 Post Cards of Erland Lee Home Visit to Participation Lodge, June 6, 1991 Day Trip to Larkspur, July 1992 Pictures dated January 1985 Tweedsmuir Display ...
Search within these results
Sort
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit