Results

We found
30
matching items
  • Bervie WI Hall
        This building was originally a Loyal Orange Lodge (L.O.L.) and was constructed in 1855. It was one of the earliest structures in Bervie. In 1960 Bervie WI purchased the hall. The next year they moved the building across the road. After renovations and restorations, it has been enjoyed by members, ...
      This building was originally a Loyal Orange Lodge (L.O.L.) and was constructed ...
  • Former Calton WI Hall
        This building was originally the Calton WI Hall, but was later sold to be used as a private home.
      This building was originally the Calton WI Hall, but was later sold ...
  • Reid's Corner's WI Community Hall
        Handwritten below the photograph of the hall is the following: "Reids Corners Community Hall For many years all regular monthly meetings, 4H meetings, short courses, annual variety and Christmas concerts, Halloween parties, Wedding dinners, Banquets, and Anniversary celebrations were held there. The first regular meeting there was in February 1948. ...
      Handwritten below the photograph of the hall is the following: "Reids Corners ...
  • Nobleton Community Hall
        Nobleton Community Hall. located in York Centre WI district Top: Under Construction Back in the Thirties. Bottom: 1986 Nobleton Community Hall is truly a “community” place. It was built in 1936 by volunteer labour with materials purchased through fundraising.The accomplishment of building a hall in Nobleton was a demonstration of ...
      Nobleton Community Hall. located in York Centre WI district Top: Under Construction ...
  • QUEEN’S LINE WOMEN’S INSTITUTE HALL NORTH RENFREW DISTRICT
        This hall started out as a Holiness Movement Church built in 1898. In 1961, the Queen’s Line Women’s Institute bought this building for $200. to be used as a community centre This hall was used for euchre parties, baby showers, bridal showers, wedding anniversaries, a fashion show, an artist studio ...
      This hall started out as a Holiness Movement Church built in 1898. ...
  • Cornell WI Hall - 2016
        In 2016, Norwich Township declared that the hall could not be rented due to changing fire regulations. With rising hydro and fuel costs and declining involvement, the Cornell Women's Institute could no longer look after the hall. The Township sold it in 2017 to Wilson Farms from Norwich.
      In 2016, Norwich Township declared that the hall could not be rented ...
  • Teeterville WI Hall
        Teeterville Women's Institute Hall, located at 194 Teeter Street, Teeterville. The S.S. No. 11 Teeterville, built in 1871, became the Teeterville Women’s Institute in 1962. The school was in operation from 1872 to 1962. Photo courtesy of Norfolk County Heritage and Culture. Photo used with permission.
      Teeterville Women's Institute Hall, located at 194 Teeter Street, Teeterville. The S.S. ...
  • Troy/Lynden Women's Institute Hall, Troy Ontario
        In 1962 Troy Women's Institute branch members purchased this local two room schoolhouse (built in 1878) as a WI hall for community events. Renovations have occurred with the help of community members, Lottario, and a Trillium Grant. In 1995, a historical plaque was placed on the outside wall on the ...
      In 1962 Troy Women's Institute branch members purchased this local two room ...
  • Mountview Women's Institute Hall
        Mountview Women’s Institute Hall Country Heritage Park – Milton, Ontario This small frame building built in 1838 on Ferris Lawrence’s property, was one of the first rural churches in Central Ontario. It was located on Concession 2 in Trafalgar Township on the corner of what is now Winston Churchill Boulevard ...
      Mountview Women’s Institute Hall Country Heritage Park – Milton, Ontario This small ...
  • Cornell WI Hall - 1972
    The Tillsonburg News, 27 Mar 1972     The Tillsonburg News March 27, 1972 Old Cornell School Now Community Hall Some hard work by Cornell residents has resulted in turning their old school-house into a very acceptable community hall. The hall is over 100 years old. It was closed down as a school several years ago, and the ...
    The Tillsonburg News, 27 Mar 1972   The Tillsonburg News March 27, 1972 Old Cornell School Now Community Hall ...
  • Wellman's Women's Institute Hall
        On April 28th 1869 David Mack donated the land (Pt. Lot 19, Con. 5 Rawdon Twp.) for a Wesleyan Church, a branch of Methodism, where the present building now stands. The citizens decided to combine their resources and build a house of worship. Although their own homes were of logs ...
      On April 28th 1869 David Mack donated the land (Pt. Lot 19, ...
  • Colpoy's Bay Womens' Institute and Community Hall
        The new executive at our CBWI from left to right are Lacey Thompson treasurer, Shirley Couch director, Tara Stanton secretary, Marywinn Daykin vice president, and Karin van der Hayden Thomas president. The photo was taken in April, 2017 in front of the CBWI and Community Hall on County Rd. 9 ...
      The new executive at our CBWI from left to right are Lacey ...
  • Gillies Hill Pioneer Monument
        Gillies Hill - site of municipal government 1856-1963 in memory of the pioneers of Elderslie Township
      Gillies Hill - site of municipal government 1856-1963 in memory of the ...
  • Adamsville WI Hall
        Adamsville WI Hall Adamsville Women's Institute was organized in 1934 and disbanded in 2012. The Community Hall was the former one-room school (S.S. #3, Albemarle Township, Bruce County) until 1967 when Central Schools were formed. The Community bought the school for $50.00 and appointed a Board of Trustees. The building ...
      Adamsville WI Hall Adamsville Women's Institute was organized in 1934 and disbanded ...
  • FWIO Centennial Celebrations, Volume 3
        This volume is a scrapbook to commemorate the Centenary of the Women's Institutes Movement and was sent to FWIO by the Glamorgan Federation of Women's Institutes (Wales, United Kingdom). The book consists of a scrapbook of photographs and descriptions portraying the Centenary celebrations held by the branches within the Glamorgan ...
      This volume is a scrapbook to commemorate the Centenary of the Women's ...
  • Mar WI Scrapbook, Volume 5
    Mar Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 2008     Mar WI Scrapbook, Volume 5, 2008 WI Activities, 2008 - Mar WI Hall maintenance concerns - Descriptions of Mar WI meetings, 2008 - Bruce County District Annual, 2008 - Mar WI Fish Dinner, 2008 - Bruce County Museum log house dedication ceremony - Wiarton Fair - Grey Bruce WI Area ...
    Mar Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 2008   Mar WI Scrapbook, Volume 5, 2008 WI Activities, 2008 - Mar WI ...
  • Braemar Hall
        At one time, This Braemar Hall was the hub of the community as it hosted both social and church events. It was on land adjacent to that owned by Lloyd Masters who at the time of the hall’s demise took over the lot as part of his farm on the ...
      At one time, This Braemar Hall was the hub of the community ...
  • Mar WI Scrapbook, Volume 1
    Mar Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 2003     Mar WI Scrapbook, Volume 1 - Handwritten local news of 2003, including WI events - Handwritten world news of 2003 - Spring Clean-up of Hall, April 30, 2003 - Photos of Mar's Fish Dinner, May 31, 2003 - Invitation to Paper Tolle demonstration hosted by Mar WI - Mar WI ...
    Mar Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 2003   Mar WI Scrapbook, Volume 1 - Handwritten local news of 2003, including ...
  • Appleton WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Book 1
    Appleton Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1966]-[1982]     TABLE OF CONTENTS BOOK 1 ITEM PAGE Lord and Lady Tweedsmuir - Foreward 5 Mrs. Adelaide Hoodless 6 Ten Tears of Progress in Our W.I. 1944-1954 7-10 Formation of Appleton W.I,Presidents & Sec.Treas. 11,12 Commemoration Service, 1954 13 Appleton W.I. 1954-1960 14,15 Biography-Marion (Neilson) Timmins 16 Biography-Gladys (Paul) Kellough 17 ...
    Appleton Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1966]-[1982]   TABLE OF CONTENTS BOOK 1 ITEM PAGE Lord and Lady Tweedsmuir - ...
  • Winona Tweedsmuir History, Volume 4 1972-1980
    Winona Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1972]-[1980]     - History of Winona WI - Several short poems/verses - Article on the Lewis house, Stoney Creek - Articles on opening of the Erland Lee Museum, 1972 - Death notice of Mrs. Carscallen (WI member) - Typewritten article, “Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario: Background History of the Lee Family and ...
    Winona Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1972]-[1980]   - History of Winona WI - Several short poems/verses - Article on ...
Search within these results
Sort
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
1990s1990199119921993199419951996199719981999
2000s2000200120022003200420052006200720082009
2010s2010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit