Results

We found
2716
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Balsam Hill WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Community #6. Current events up to 1959.
    TextImage  Balsam Hill Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 1959     This volume of 18 volumes provides current events up to 1959, past newspaper files of the late 1800s and early 1900s. There are also WI group pictures and information on Rosebank church.
    TextImage  Balsam Hill Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 1959   This volume of 18 volumes provides current events up to 1959, past newspaper files of the late 1800s and early 1900s. There are also WI group pictures and information on ...
  • Arnprior WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 5
    TextImage  Arnprior Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca.1932]-[ca.1970]     Volume 5 of 7 volumes contains primarily information on churches. - Emmanuel Anglican Church (p.2) - Calvary Baptist Church (p.6) - Elgin Street Baptist Church (p.7) - First Baptist Church (p.9) - Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses (p.16) - Lutheran Church (p.17) - Wesleyan Methodist Church (p.21) - Glad Tidings Pentecostal ...
    TextImage  Arnprior Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca.1932]-[ca.1970]   Volume 5 of 7 volumes contains primarily information on churches. - Emmanuel Anglican Church (p.2) - Calvary Baptist Church (p.6) - Elgin Street Baptist Church (p.7) - First Baptist Church ...
  • QUEEN’S LINE WOMEN’S INSTITUTE HALL NORTH RENFREW DISTRICT
    ImagePlace       This hall started out as a Holiness Movement Church built in 1898. In 1961, the Queen’s Line Women’s Institute bought this building for $200. to be used as a community centre This hall was used for euchre parties, baby showers, bridal showers, wedding anniversaries, a fashion show, an artist studio ...
    ImagePlace     This hall started out as a Holiness Movement Church built in 1898. In 1961, the Queen’s Line Women’s Institute bought this building for $200. to be used as a community ...
  • Mountview Women's Institute Hall
    ImageObject       Mountview Women’s Institute Hall Country Heritage Park – Milton, Ontario This small frame building built in 1838 on Ferris Lawrence’s property, was one of the first rural churches in Central Ontario. It was located on Concession 2 in Trafalgar Township on the corner of what is now Winston Churchill Boulevard ...
    ImageObject     Mountview Women’s Institute Hall Country Heritage Park – Milton, Ontario This small frame building built in 1838 on Ferris Lawrence’s property, was one of the first rural churches in Central ...
  • Delaware WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 1
    TextImageGenealogical Resource  Delaware Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1947]-[ca. 1964]     Volume 1 of 2, contains primarily branch history, churches, cemeteries, and family histories. There is a Table of Contents. Volume 1: Section A: History of Delaware branch and its events Section B: Churches with very detailed histories and photos Section C: Cemeteries of Delaware and vicinity with names listed in ...
    TextImageGenealogical Resource  Delaware Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1947]-[ca. 1964]   Volume 1 of 2, contains primarily branch history, churches, cemeteries, and family histories. There is a Table of Contents. Volume 1: Section A: History of Delaware branch and its events ...
  • Balsam Hill WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Community #15. Churches
    TextImage  Balsam Hill Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 2008     This volume of 18 volumes provides information on churches, library and general store. The churches include Admaston Presbyterian/United Church, Sons of Temperance, Holiness Movement, Ministers, Sunday School, WMS/Ladies’Aid, and “The Corner” with the church.
    TextImage  Balsam Hill Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 2008   This volume of 18 volumes provides information on churches, library and general store. The churches include Admaston Presbyterian/United Church, Sons of Temperance, Holiness Movement, Ministers, Sunday School, WMS/Ladies’Aid, and “The ...
  • Wellman's Women's Institute Hall
    ImagePlace       On April 28th 1869 David Mack donated the land (Pt. Lot 19, Con. 5 Rawdon Twp.) for a Wesleyan Church, a branch of Methodism, where the present building now stands. The citizens decided to combine their resources and build a house of worship. Although their own homes were of logs ...
    ImagePlace     On April 28th 1869 David Mack donated the land (Pt. Lot 19, Con. 5 Rawdon Twp.) for a Wesleyan Church, a branch of Methodism, where the present building now stands. ...
  • Stoney Creek Women's Institute Jubilee Memoirs 1947
    Text       "Memoirs of The Mother Institutes Golden Jubilee Stoney Creek 1807 - 1947" (1807 is an error-should read 1897) - Photos of poster, "50th Anniversary Women's institute June 18th, 1947, OAC Guelph - We treasure the past; We face the future" - Golden Anniversary program featuring photograph of Charter Members - ...
    Text     "Memoirs of The Mother Institutes Golden Jubilee Stoney Creek 1807 - 1947" (1807 is an error-should read 1897) - Photos of poster, "50th Anniversary Women's institute June 18th, 1947, OAC ...
  • Reid's Corners WI  Memorial Tablet
    ImageObjectPlace       Between the photographs of the churches reads the following hand-written description: "Pine River Presbyterian Church was erected in 1869 after (the) first church, built in 1864, was destroyed by a bush fire. It was veneered with brick in 1901, was redecorated in 1948, new maple floor, new seats, a furnace ...
    ImageObjectPlace     Between the photographs of the churches reads the following hand-written description: "Pine River Presbyterian Church was erected in 1869 after (the) first church, built in 1864, was destroyed by a ...
  • Lochwinnoch WI Tweedsmuir Community History, Volume 3
    TextImage  Lochwinnoch Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1999] - [2004]     Picture - Lochwinnoch Presbyterian Church taken February 1972 Newspaper Article & Picture - St. Andrew's Minister Retires After 31 Years Newspaper Articles & Pictures - Honoured Guests Newspaper Article & Picture -Fond Adieu to Reverend Hughes Presbyterian Pages from the Prior Newspaper Article & Pictures - New Minister at St.Andrew's ...
    TextImage  Lochwinnoch Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1999] - [2004]   Picture - Lochwinnoch Presbyterian Church taken February 1972 Newspaper Article & Picture - St. Andrew's Minister Retires After 31 Years Newspaper Articles & Pictures - Honoured Guests Newspaper Article & ...
  • Winning Poem Read at Castleford Women's Institute Meeting
    TextImage  Castleford Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 1894     Winning Poem Read at Castleford WI Meeting
    TextImage  Castleford Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 1894   Winning Poem Read at Castleford WI Meeting
  • Seymour West WI Photo from 1913
    Image       At bottom of photograph reads the following: "Seymour West" Womans Institute At Mrs Chas. Macoun's June 26th 1913 Bonnycastle Photo
    Image     At bottom of photograph reads the following: "Seymour West" Womans Institute At Mrs Chas. Macoun's June 26th 1913 Bonnycastle Photo
  • Colborne Women's Institute
    Group       Active: No 2 Tweedsmuir Books at Cranahe Public Library...
    Group     Active: No 2 Tweedsmuir Books at Cranahe Public Library...
  • Winona WI Minute Book, 1965-1968
    TextObject       ...
    TextObject     ...
  • Winona WI Minute Book, 1962-1965
    TextObject       ...
    TextObject     ...
  • Winona WI Minute Book, 1957-1962
    TextObject       ...
    TextObject     ...
  • Winona WI Minute Book, 1952-1958
    TextObject       ...
    TextObject     ...
  • Winona WI Minute Book, 1946-1952
    TextObject       ...
    TextObject     ...
  • Winona WI Minute Book, 1942-1946
    TextObject       ...
    TextObject     ...
  • Winona WI Minute Book 1939-1942
    TextObject       ...
    TextObject     ...
Search within these results
Sort
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit