Women's Institute Centennial Calendar 1997
- Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON), 1897-1997
- Federated Women's Institutes of Canada, Author
- Nina Burnell, Saskatchewan, Compiler
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Calendar provides an overview of the start of the WI movement from the first branch to becoming Canada-wide and then world-wide with the formation of the Associated Country Women of the World (ACWW). It also provides FWIC's main areas of involvement and a list of presidents. Each month depicts a bit of history from a province, as well as a representative photo. Examples: the WI home in New Brunswick for senior women and the Macdonald institute at the University of Guelph.
- Created to honour the 100th anniversary of the WI movement.
The FWIC Centennial Souvenir Committee members were Margaret Munro (Ont.), Kaye Crabbe (PEI), and Nina Burnell (Sask.)
- Federated Women's Institutes of Canada
- Place of Publication
- Saskatoon, Sask.
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2501 Longitude: -80.24966
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Federated Women's Institutes of Canada (FWIC)
- Location of Original
- Original at Arnprior & McNab/Braeside Archives as part of the Castleford WI Tweedsmuir Community History Collection.
- For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details
- Reproduction Notes
- Please contact copyright holder for permission and details.
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontariofwio@fwio.on.ca
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6