Pine Grove Cairn Commemorating the Early Settlers
- Media Type
- This cairn, located at Wellington Park just outside of Arnprior Ontario, was dedicated September 2, 1989 as their 75th anniversary project. The plaque reads:
To commemorate the Early Settlers.
In the early 1800's this community was settled. The first white child of McNab Township was born in a sod hut by the Dochart Creek.
In 1870, a log school was built on a knoll midst a grove of towering white pines. The striving agricultural and residential area was developed as we know it to-day tucked into the beautiful Ottawa Valley.
They cleared the land, and raised their families leaving behind them our link to the past, a part of our heritage.
They came, they stayed, they carved their niche and called this place, "Pine Grove."
Erected by the Pine Grove Women's Institute, assisted by the community and former residents, in celebration of our WI 75th anniversary.
Committee Members: Mrs. H. Ross Campbell, Mrs. Ben Van Dusen, Mrs. Don Campbell, Mrs. Ted Bayford."
- Date Of Event
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.43341 Longitude: -76.34939
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontariofwio@fwio.on.ca
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6