Women's Institutes Documents


Records

Results

We found
16
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Cornell WI Hall - 2016
    ImageObjectPlace       In 2016, Norwich Township declared that the hall could not be rented due to changing fire regulations. With rising hydro and fuel costs and declining involvement, the Cornell Women's Institute could no longer look after the hall. The Township sold it in 2017 to Wilson Farms from Norwich.
    ImageObjectPlace     In 2016, Norwich Township declared that the hall could not be rented due to changing fire regulations. With rising hydro and fuel costs and declining involvement, the Cornell Women's Institute ...
  • Teeterville WI Hall
    ImageObjectPlace       Teeterville Women's Institute Hall, located at 194 Teeter Street, Teeterville. The S.S. No. 11 Teeterville, built in 1871, became the Teeterville Women’s Institute in 1962. The school was in operation from 1872 to 1962. Photo courtesy of Norfolk County Heritage and Culture. Photo used with permission.
    ImageObjectPlace     Teeterville Women's Institute Hall, located at 194 Teeter Street, Teeterville. The S.S. No. 11 Teeterville, built in 1871, became the Teeterville Women’s Institute in 1962. The school was in operation ...
  • Reid's Corner's WI Community Hall
    ImageObjectPlace       Handwritten below the photograph of the hall is the following: "Reids Corners Community Hall For many years all regular monthly meetings, 4H meetings, short courses, annual variety and Christmas concerts, Halloween parties, Wedding dinners, Banquets, and Anniversary celebrations were held there. The first regular meeting there was in February 1948. ...
    ImageObjectPlace     Handwritten below the photograph of the hall is the following: "Reids Corners Community Hall For many years all regular monthly meetings, 4H meetings, short courses, annual variety and Christmas concerts, ...
  • Former Calton WI Hall
    PlaceImage       This building was originally the Calton WI Hall, but was later sold to be used as a private home.
    PlaceImage     This building was originally the Calton WI Hall, but was later sold to be used as a private home.
  • Mountview Women's Institute Hall
    ImageObject       Mountview Women’s Institute Hall Country Heritage Park – Milton, Ontario This small frame building built in 1838 on Ferris Lawrence’s property, was one of the first rural churches in Central Ontario. It was located on Concession 2 in Trafalgar Township on the corner of what is now Winston Churchill Boulevard ...
    ImageObject     Mountview Women’s Institute Hall Country Heritage Park – Milton, Ontario This small frame building built in 1838 on Ferris Lawrence’s property, was one of the first rural churches in Central ...
  • Cornell WI Hall - 1972
    ImageObjectNewspaperPlace  The Tillsonburg News, 27 Mar 1972     The Tillsonburg News March 27, 1972 Old Cornell School Now Community Hall Some hard work by Cornell residents has resulted in turning their old school-house into a very acceptable community hall. The hall is over 100 years old. It was closed down as a school several years ago, and the ...
    ImageObjectNewspaperPlace  The Tillsonburg News, 27 Mar 1972   The Tillsonburg News March 27, 1972 Old Cornell School Now Community Hall Some hard work by Cornell residents has resulted in turning their old school-house into a very acceptable community ...
  • Gillies Hill Pioneer Monument
    ImageObject       Gillies Hill - site of municipal government 1856-1963 in memory of the pioneers of Elderslie Township
    ImageObject     Gillies Hill - site of municipal government 1856-1963 in memory of the pioneers of Elderslie Township
  • Colpoy's Bay Womens' Institute and Community Hall
    ImageObjectPlace       The new executive at our CBWI from left to right are Lacey Thompson treasurer, Shirley Couch director, Tara Stanton secretary, Marywinn Daykin vice president, and Karin van der Hayden Thomas president. The photo was taken in April, 2017 in front of the CBWI and Community Hall on County Rd. 9 ...
    ImageObjectPlace     The new executive at our CBWI from left to right are Lacey Thompson treasurer, Shirley Couch director, Tara Stanton secretary, Marywinn Daykin vice president, and Karin van der Hayden Thomas ...
  • Adamsville WI Hall
    ImageObjectPlace       Adamsville WI Hall Adamsville Women's Institute was organized in 1934 and disbanded in 2012. The Community Hall was the former one-room school (S.S. #3, Albemarle Township, Bruce County) until 1967 when Central Schools were formed. The Community bought the school for $50.00 and appointed a Board of Trustees. The building ...
    ImageObjectPlace     Adamsville WI Hall Adamsville Women's Institute was organized in 1934 and disbanded in 2012. The Community Hall was the former one-room school (S.S. #3, Albemarle Township, Bruce County) until 1967 ...
  • Braemar Hall
    ImageText       At one time, This Braemar Hall was the hub of the community as it hosted both social and church events. It was on land adjacent to that owned by Lloyd Masters who at the time of the hall’s demise took over the lot as part of his farm on the ...
    ImageText     At one time, This Braemar Hall was the hub of the community as it hosted both social and church events. It was on land adjacent to that owned by Lloyd ...
  • Amherst Island Tweedsmuir History, Volume 3 F2 1994-2003
    Text  Amherst Island Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 2003     Amherst Island Tweedsmuir Community History, Part 2 of 3 Amherst Island near Kingston Ontario is a community of over four hundred comprised mostly of farmers and retirees from “away”, often Toronto or Ottawa. The Island is a component of Loyalist Township for municipal organization purposes, and is located in Lennox ...
    Text  Amherst Island Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 2003   Amherst Island Tweedsmuir Community History, Part 2 of 3 Amherst Island near Kingston Ontario is a community of over four hundred comprised mostly of farmers and retirees from “away”, often ...
  • Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 3
    TextImage  Stewartville Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1960]-[ca. 1994]     Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 3 of 6 Stewartville, previously known as Balmer Island, is a hamlet situated in McNab Township in Renfrew County. It is on the shore of the Madawaska River and was part of the timber era. Volumes 3 and 4 contain most of the ...
    TextImage  Stewartville Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1960]-[ca. 1994]   Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 3 of 6 Stewartville, previously known as Balmer Island, is a hamlet situated in McNab Township in Renfrew County. It is on the ...
  • Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 1
    TextImage  Stewartville Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1949]-[ca. 1975]     Volume 1 of 6 Stewartville, previously known as Balmer Island, is a hamlet situated in McNab Township in Renfrew County. It is on the shore of the Madawaska River and was part of the timber era. Some families mentioned are Arnott, Campbell, Coreau, Duff, Graham, Lavallee, McIntyre, McLean, McNab, Michelson, ...
    TextImage  Stewartville Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1949]-[ca. 1975]   Volume 1 of 6 Stewartville, previously known as Balmer Island, is a hamlet situated in McNab Township in Renfrew County. It is on the shore of the Madawaska River and ...
  • Quinte WI Tweedsmuir Community History - 1907-1994
    TextImage  Quinte Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1966]-[1995]     Quinte WI Tweedsmuir Community History - 1907-1994 - Ontario Department of Agriculture Report of the Women's Institutes of the Province of Ontario for 1923 - Mrs. Adelaide Hoodless - Portrait and story - Also Erland Lee - Lord and Lady Tweedsmuir - Foreward written by Lady Tweedsmuir and letters - ...
    TextImage  Quinte Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [1966]-[1995]   Quinte WI Tweedsmuir Community History - 1907-1994 - Ontario Department of Agriculture Report of the Women's Institutes of the Province of Ontario for 1923 - Mrs. Adelaide Hoodless - Portrait ...
  • Glasgow WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 3
    TextImage  Glasgow Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1991]-[ca. 2005]     Glasgow WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 3 Glasgow is a hamlet near the centre of McNab Township in Renfrew County. A nearby original hamlet was Lundy’s Corners. The Glasgow WI formed in 1914, disbanded in 1928 and rejoined in March 1948. Some families mentioned are Affleck, Anderson, Brown, Campbell, ...
    TextImage  Glasgow Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1991]-[ca. 2005]   Glasgow WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 3 Glasgow is a hamlet near the centre of McNab Township in Renfrew County. A nearby original hamlet was Lundy’s Corners. The Glasgow ...
  • Glasgow WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 2
    TextImage  Glasgow Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1967]-[ca. 1989]     Glasgow WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 2 of 6 Glasgow is a hamlet near the centre of McNab Township in Renfrew County. A nearby original hamlet was Lundy’s Corners. The Glasgow WI formed in 1914, disbanded in 1928 and rejoined in March 1948. Some families mentioned are Affleck, Anderson, ...
    TextImage  Glasgow Women's Institute, Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), [ca. 1967]-[ca. 1989]   Glasgow WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 2 of 6 Glasgow is a hamlet near the centre of McNab Township in Renfrew County. A nearby original hamlet was Lundy’s Corners. ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Women's Institutes Documents


This group is a multi-agency collection of Tweedsmuir Community History Collections, minutes, books, Home & Country newsletters, and other documents created by the Women's Institutes (WI) of Ontario (FWIO). It allows the record to be discovered through the Women's Institutes Document portal.