Adamsville WI Hall
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Adamsville WI Hall
Adamsville Women's Institute was organized in 1934 and disbanded in 2012. The Community Hall was the former one-room school (S.S. #3, Albemarle Township, Bruce County) until 1967 when Central Schools were formed. The Community bought the school for $50.00 and appointed a Board of Trustees. The building was tax-free until 1969 at which time the Trustees decided to sell the building to the Adamsville WI as an Institute building tax-free. In December 1969, three new trustees appointed included Elda Waugh, Edith Dickie, and Betty Ward. Jean Crow was Secretary. In 1972 a fire struck a family in the community and the Women's Institute allowed the family to move into the Hall until 1974. In 1978, in co-operation with Adamsville WI, a Senior Citizen Club formed and a grant was obtained to turn the old school into a Community Centre. The grant provided much needed repairs and updates. It continued to be used as a Community Hall until it was sold to a private buyer in 2008.
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.86678 Longitude: -81.16644
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
- For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6