Solway WI Plaque
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Solway Women's Institute was organized May, 1951 and disbanded in April, 2017.
This plaque was placed at the Brant Township Office and Workshop, Concession 5, Brant Township located on Bruce County Road #19 in June 2011.
Solway was a little hamlet, consisting of a post office, sawmill, blacksmith shop, Methodist church, and a school. For their 60th Anniversary, Solway WI had this plaque dedicated to the Pioneers of Solway. Solway, Brant Township is now part of the Municipality of Brockton.
- Plaque reads: "Est. 1951 Solway Women's Institute [Home and Country Logo] Dedicate this plaque to the pioneer settlers of Solway 2011"
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Judy Mackinnon, Bruce County Dist. WI
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
- For commercial use, please contact the copyright holder for permission and details.
Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6