Quinte WI Tweedsmuir Community History - 1907-1994
Publication:
Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON), [1966]-[1995]
:


Description
Creator:
Quinte Women's Institute, Author
Media Type:
Text
Image
Item Type:
Scrapbooks
Description:
Quinte WI Tweedsmuir Community History - 1907-1994

- Ontario Department of Agriculture Report of the Women's Institutes of the Province of Ontario for 1923
- Mrs. Adelaide Hoodless - Portrait and story - Also Erland Lee
- Lord and Lady Tweedsmuir - Foreward written by Lady Tweedsmuir and letters
- Letter to Mrs. J.M. Parrott from Pricillas Tweedsmuir
- Lord Tweedsmuir visiting the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment
- Lady Tweedsmuir visiting Belleville in 1938 - also 1964
- Quinte Women's Institute report by Curator Mrs. John M. Parrott
- A 1901 picture of Mr. and Mrs. Fairman - first President of East Hastings Women's Institute 1901-1904
- History of East Hastings District with some of the presidents
- Post Cards that belonged to Mrs. James Garbutt - First President of Quinte Women's Institute - 1907 post cards
- Four old photos of downtown Belleville - from Mrs. Shelley Anderson
- Women's Institute History - Quinte Branch from 1904 to 1994
- Celebrating Women's Institute and their work - 100th anniversary
- Quinte Women's Institute Anniversaries - 50th, 60th 65th, 70th, 75th, 78th, 80th, with pictures and stories
- 4 H Club work - 1954 to 1961 with leaders - club pictures in 1976
- Members Wedding Anniversaries - Mr. and Mrs. Harry Grills 50th, Mr. and Mrs. Noble Brown, Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Mitchel, Mr. and Mrs. Geddes Bradshaw, Mr. and Mrs. Sid Fitzgerald, Mr. and Mrs. Wesley Gray and Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Vivian - 70th anniversary
- Personalities - members and outstanding people in our community
- Farm Histories - John M. Parrott, Don Leeming, Eric Leeming, Douglas Atkins and Sons, W.C. Mitchell, Archie Greatrix, Arthur & Son Roy Clazie, Fred Mitchell
- School and Church histories - S.S. #3 Thurlow - 2nd Con. West.
- Douglas R. Atkins School on Elmwood Drive, Front Road United Church, Spencers Church, 2nd Con.
- Sale of Quinte Women's Institute Hall (1957-1977) to Albert and Spiegal Auction Sale, Cameron and Ord Letters
- Y.M.C.A. pictures - addition in 1964 - gymnasium added in 1979 (look at page 125 for more pictures)
- In memoriam - deaths of members from 1928 to 1996 - 99 members
- Industries - Point Anne Cement Company - pictures, etc.
- Village of Shannonville History - Old store, etc.
- Mohawks of Tyendinaga by Susan Claus
- Events in the Community in early '60 from Pearl Clazie
- Post Office in Belleville, 1913-1964, picture - Nora Westcott, Postmistress at Shannonville 1968
- House of Refuge on Dundas East Belleville built around 1907-1908: pictures and story
- Cloverleaf at Cannifton on 401 - ribbon-cutting on October 8th 1958
- Mrs. Elmer Sandercock was a member of Quinte Women's Institute. Elmer Sandercock was Member of Parliament for many years
Notes:
Tweedsmuir Curator: Mrs. J.M. Parrott
Publisher:
Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario
Dates:
[1966]-[1995]
Subject(s):
Language of Item:
English
Geographic Coverage:
  • Ontario, Canada
    fltLatitude: 44.143611
    Latitude: 44.143611 Longitude: -77.255833
  • Ontario, Canada
    fltLatitude: 44.20012
    Latitude: 44.20012 Longitude: -77.21616
Creative Commons licence:
by-nc-nd [more details]
Copyright Statement:
Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Copyright Holder:
Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
Location of Original:
Belleville Library
Terms of Use:
For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details.
Reproduction Notes:
Contact the holder of the original. If the book is in a member’s home, please contact the copyright holder.
Contact
Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
 
 
 

552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6
905-662-2691

Quinte WI Tweedsmuir Community History - 1907-1994
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Quinte WI Tweedsmuir Community History - 1907-1994


Quinte WI Tweedsmuir Community History - 1907-1994

- Ontario Department of Agriculture Report of the Women's Institutes of the Province of Ontario for 1923
- Mrs. Adelaide Hoodless - Portrait and story - Also Erland Lee
- Lord and Lady Tweedsmuir - Foreward written by Lady Tweedsmuir and letters
- Letter to Mrs. J.M. Parrott from Pricillas Tweedsmuir
- Lord Tweedsmuir visiting the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment
- Lady Tweedsmuir visiting Belleville in 1938 - also 1964
- Quinte Women's Institute report by Curator Mrs. John M. Parrott
- A 1901 picture of Mr. and Mrs. Fairman - first President of East Hastings Women's Institute 1901-1904
- History of East Hastings District with some of the presidents
- Post Cards that belonged to Mrs. James Garbutt - First President of Quinte Women's Institute - 1907 post cards
- Four old photos of downtown Belleville - from Mrs. Shelley Anderson
- Women's Institute History - Quinte Branch from 1904 to 1994
- Celebrating Women's Institute and their work - 100th anniversary
- Quinte Women's Institute Anniversaries - 50th, 60th 65th, 70th, 75th, 78th, 80th, with pictures and stories
- 4 H Club work - 1954 to 1961 with leaders - club pictures in 1976
- Members Wedding Anniversaries - Mr. and Mrs. Harry Grills 50th, Mr. and Mrs. Noble Brown, Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Mitchel, Mr. and Mrs. Geddes Bradshaw, Mr. and Mrs. Sid Fitzgerald, Mr. and Mrs. Wesley Gray and Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Vivian - 70th anniversary
- Personalities - members and outstanding people in our community
- Farm Histories - John M. Parrott, Don Leeming, Eric Leeming, Douglas Atkins and Sons, W.C. Mitchell, Archie Greatrix, Arthur & Son Roy Clazie, Fred Mitchell
- School and Church histories - S.S. #3 Thurlow - 2nd Con. West.
- Douglas R. Atkins School on Elmwood Drive, Front Road United Church, Spencers Church, 2nd Con.
- Sale of Quinte Women's Institute Hall (1957-1977) to Albert and Spiegal Auction Sale, Cameron and Ord Letters
- Y.M.C.A. pictures - addition in 1964 - gymnasium added in 1979 (look at page 125 for more pictures)
- In memoriam - deaths of members from 1928 to 1996 - 99 members
- Industries - Point Anne Cement Company - pictures, etc.
- Village of Shannonville History - Old store, etc.
- Mohawks of Tyendinaga by Susan Claus
- Events in the Community in early '60 from Pearl Clazie
- Post Office in Belleville, 1913-1964, picture - Nora Westcott, Postmistress at Shannonville 1968
- House of Refuge on Dundas East Belleville built around 1907-1908: pictures and story
- Cloverleaf at Cannifton on 401 - ribbon-cutting on October 8th 1958
- Mrs. Elmer Sandercock was a member of Quinte Women's Institute. Elmer Sandercock was Member of Parliament for many years