Sidney South WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Local, District & Area AGM Agendas 1961-1971
- Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON), -
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Sidney South WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Local, District, AGM Agendas, 1961-71
Note: Many of the pages have handwritten notes to expand upon the newspaper clippings.
- Letter to Mrs. Fred Meens from Helen McKercher regarding the launch of the Sidney South branch, 1961
- Booklet: "The Wiser's Canadiana Collection Interim Report," 26 total pages
- Program: "70th Annual Meeting of Hastings West District WI, May 11, 1971"
- Program: "69th Annual Meeting of Hastings West District WI, May 13, 1970"
- Program: "67th Annual Meeting of Hastings West District WI, May 9, 1968"
- Program: "66th Annual Meeting of Hastings West District WI, May 9, 1967"
- Program: "64th Annual Meeting of Hastings West District WI, May 20, 1965"
- Program: "63rd Annual Meeting of Hastings West District WI, May 12, 1964"
- Program: "62nd Annual Meeting of Hastings West District WI, May 30, 1963"
- Program: "61st Annual Meeting of Hastings West District WI, June 1, 1962"
- Program: "39th Annual Trent Valley Convention Area, November 25th and 26th, 1965"
- Program: "38th Annual Trent Valley Convention Area, September 14th and 15th, 1964"
- Program: "36th Annual Trent Valley Convention Area, December 4th and 5th, 1962"
- Program: "35th Annual Women's Institute Convention Program, November 14th and 15th, 1961"
- Booklet: "Hastings County Historical Society, The Dr. E.J. Paul Lighting Collection" 7 total pages
- Article: "The Couldery Collection"
- "Facts about the Distilling Industry in Canada"
- Adelaide Hunter Hoodless Homestead pamphlet and photographs
- Program: "19th Annual Ontario Women's Institute Officers' Conference, May 3rd and 4th, 1967"
- Program: "Ontario Women's Institutes Anniversary Banquet, Wednesday, May 3, 1967"
- Background of Adelaide Hunter Hoodless Homestead purchase by FWIC in 1959
- Sources of Study Material contact list
- Program: "Hastings Historical Society Grand Opening of County Museum"
- Program: "Peterborough District Women's Institutes Luncheon in honour of Mrs. Geerda Van Beekhoff, President Associated Country Women of the World, June 21, 1963"
- Program: "Sidney South WI, 1971-72"
- Program: "Sidney South WI, 1970-71"
- Program: "Sidney South WI, 1969-70"
- Program: "Sidney South WI, 1968-69"
- Program: "Sidney South WI, 1967-68"
- Program: "Sidney South WI, 1966-67"
- Program: "Sidney South WI, 1965-66"
- Program: "Sidney South WI, 1964-65"
- Program: "Sidney South WI, 1963-64"
- Program: "Sidney South WI, 1962-63"
- Newspaper clippings about Sidney South when it was formed
- Charter members list
- Photographs of some of the charter members (1960s)
- Newspaper clippings about Sidney South meetings throughout entire volume
- Officers, 1961-62
- Article: "West Hastings WI Annual Held at Sidney Baptist Church, 1962"
- Article: "Historical Curators hold Committee Meet at School" about Tweedsmuir
- 4H Club Work done by Sidney South WI throughout entire volume
- Photographs of 4H clubs and projects
- Program: "Convocation: Queen's Theological College, Kingston, Ontario, Session 1962-63"
- Mrs. Nobes receives WI pin as she becomes the new President of Sidney South WI, 1962
- Article: "Hastings West WI Holds District Annual Meeting, 1962"
- Article: "White's U.C. to Mark 122nd Anniversary, 1963"
- Article: "ACWW President Speaks at District WI Luncheon, 1963"
- Article: "500-Home Subdivision, 'West Park Village' to be Built West of Sidney Street"
- Dickens Motel clippings
- Triplets born to Mr. and Mrs. Bill Bowler March 31, 1964 (clippings)
- Article: "Hastings West District WI Holds 63rd Annual Meeting"
- Article: "Trent Valley Area Convention of WI Registers over 200 Delegates at Annual Two-Day Sessions, 1964"
- Article: "Women's Institutes Plaques At Entrance to Towns Suggested to Convention, 1964"
- Article: "Hastings West District WI Holds 64th Annual Meet"
- Article: "WI Area Convention held at Club Canara"
- Historical Research and Current Events 1961-65
- Letter from D.M. Bennett in New Zealand to Mrs. J.W. Sargent in Belleville, Ontario re: WI activities
- Photos/Clippings about Hastings Dairy Princess
- Article: "66th Annual Convention Held by Hastings West Institutes"
- Program: "Sidney South WI, 1967-68"
- Roll Call: "A Highlight of Centennial Year in Your Local Branch"
- Article: "265 Acres on Western Outskirts to be Neighbourhood Community"
- Photos of WI and 4H displays at various fairs
- "Our Canadian Bill of Rights"
- Article: "Upset Victories Recorded in Hastings; Jack Bush for Reeve Sidney Township"
- Article: "Quinte Humane Society Buys Eastern Breeders Property"
- Clippings related to the official opening of Loyalist College, Saturday, October 19, 1968
- Centenary United Church of the United Church of Canada 100th Anniversary
- Article: "Ontario Historical Society Holds Annual Parley Here" (at Hastings County Museum)
- Article: "City Garbage to be Dumped in Sidney" (1970)
- Article: "Mary Plumpton: Museum Curator, Historian, Author"
- Various local interest articles, newspaper clippings throughout volume
- Program: Westminster United Church Official Opening and Dedication Service, April 12, 1970
- Photo of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Federated Women’s Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
- Location of Original:
- Stirling-Rawdon Library.
- For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Contact the holder of the original. If the book is in a member’s home, please contact the copyright holder.
Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6