1961 Stone Cairn and Plaque at the Erland Lee (Museum) Home
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- This plaque, mounted on a stone cairn, was placed at the roadside in front of the Erland Lee (Museum) Home in 1961, while it was still a private residence. It reads "In memory of Erland Lee and his wife, Janet, who pioneered the first Women's Institute - now world-wide - at Stoney Creek, February 19th, 1897, and to commemorate their home with table on which the constitution was drawn up."
The photo was taken February 2016.
- Date of Publication:
- Date Of Event:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
- Location of Original:
- Erland Lee (Museum) Home
- For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details
Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6