Vinemount Tweedsmuir History, Volume 6 1940-90
:


Description
Creator:
Vinemount Women's Institute, Creator
Media Type:
Text
Item Type:
Scrapbooks
Description:
- Article, “At Lee Homestead: Unveiling Ceremony Honors Women’s Institute Founder,” 1967
- Program, “The Stoney Creek Women’s Institute (The First in the World) Celebrates its 70th Birthday at “The Pines” February, 1967”
- Pamphlet entitled “This is the Site of Squires Hall Stoney Creek where was formed the First Women’s Institute in the World, 1897”
- Newspaper clippings on Vinemount WI meetings and activities, 1960s
- Program, “Unveiling and Dedication of an Historical Plaque at the Erland Lee Homestead,” 1967
- Newspaper photos of the unveiling of the unveiling of the stone cairn in front of the Lee home, 1961
- Newspaper articles and photographs about unveiling of 1967 plaque
- Article, “Last of WI Founders celebrates a century,” Jennie Morden turns 100 years old, no date, but after 1973
- Article, “Home Still First Concern of Women’s Institute on 65th Anniversary,” 1962
- Article, “When WI started, Jennie [Morden] was there,” 1976
- Articles about Tapleytown and Vinemount WI meetings and events, 1950s, 1960s
- Pamphlet, “Lincoln County Building”
- Newspaper article and photos, “Last one-room school to close” (Tweedside School)
- Photo of Hamilton’s Farmers’ Market, 1920
- Photos and article about Tweedside School fire, 1974
- Article, “S.S. No 9 Saltfleet: History of Lee School” (Tapleytown Road)
- Photo of the First Grimsby Cubs and Scouts in the Vinemount WI Hall, no date
- Photo of Tapleytown School and list of names from the Tapleytown Institute
- Article on the Tapleytown UCW Centennial Tea, 1967
- Newspaper notice of 50th wedding anniversary of Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Carpenter, 1980
- Article about Pine Crest Literary Society
- Photo of Flossie Hildreth doing needlework, 1971
- Article, “Past & Present: Industries, Places of Business, and People, Part 3” by Elmer Hendershot
- Photo of the Vinemount 4-H Club, 1971
- Photo of Rock Chapel Church, no date
- Photo of Rock Chapel Choir, 1962
- Various articles about Tapleytown Church
- Various articles about Tweedside Church
- Photo of “Winona Landmark” at corner of Winona Road and Highway #8
- Pamphlet, “Epworth League Prayer Meeting Topics, 1906, Rock Chapel Epworth League”
- Various local church/WI events and meetings
- Article about Vinemount WI Anniversary tea, 1972
- Article, “Fire Levels Building,” post office/store burns down, no date
- Two handwritten stories, “Pilot explains circumstances of his mishap” and “Vinemount School”
- Article, “Vinemount Conservation Area Marked,” 1973
- Photo of students at Vinemount S.S. #10
- Map of Saltfleet Township, 1875
- Article, “Winona Fishing Industry,” 1950
- Article, “The Vinemount WI celebrates their Fortieth Anniversary,” 1966
- 1971 article about Vinemount WI’s St. Patrick’s Day Tea
- Miscellaneous articles about Vinemount WI events
- Article about FWIO Commemorative stamp, 1959
- Photos of Saltfleet WI members quilting
- Article about 50th anniversary of Stoney Creek WI, 1947
- Vinemount WI and Red Cross Quilters photo
- Obituary of Jennie Morden, died at 104 years of age in 1981
- 1944 article, “Celebration at Vinemount WI”
- Photo of planting of shrubs donated by E.D. Smith company
- Photos of 1931 Nursing Class at Vinemount Hall
Dates:
[1940]-[1981]
Subject(s):
Local identifier:
2009.006.005
Language of Item:
English
Geographic Coverage:
  • Ontario, Canada
    Latitude: 43.20011 Longitude: -79.68292
Creative Commons licence:
by-nc-nd [more details]
Copyright Statement:
Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Copyright Holder:
Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
Location of Original:
Erland Lee (Museum) Home
Terms of Use:
For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details
Reproduction Notes:
Contact the holder of the original. If the book is in a member's home, please contact the copyright holder.
Contact
Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
 
 
 

552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6
905-662-2691

Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Vinemount Tweedsmuir History, Volume 6 1940-90


- Article, “At Lee Homestead: Unveiling Ceremony Honors Women’s Institute Founder,” 1967
- Program, “The Stoney Creek Women’s Institute (The First in the World) Celebrates its 70th Birthday at “The Pines” February, 1967”
- Pamphlet entitled “This is the Site of Squires Hall Stoney Creek where was formed the First Women’s Institute in the World, 1897”
- Newspaper clippings on Vinemount WI meetings and activities, 1960s
- Program, “Unveiling and Dedication of an Historical Plaque at the Erland Lee Homestead,” 1967
- Newspaper photos of the unveiling of the unveiling of the stone cairn in front of the Lee home, 1961
- Newspaper articles and photographs about unveiling of 1967 plaque
- Article, “Last of WI Founders celebrates a century,” Jennie Morden turns 100 years old, no date, but after 1973
- Article, “Home Still First Concern of Women’s Institute on 65th Anniversary,” 1962
- Article, “When WI started, Jennie [Morden] was there,” 1976
- Articles about Tapleytown and Vinemount WI meetings and events, 1950s, 1960s
- Pamphlet, “Lincoln County Building”
- Newspaper article and photos, “Last one-room school to close” (Tweedside School)
- Photo of Hamilton’s Farmers’ Market, 1920
- Photos and article about Tweedside School fire, 1974
- Article, “S.S. No 9 Saltfleet: History of Lee School” (Tapleytown Road)
- Photo of the First Grimsby Cubs and Scouts in the Vinemount WI Hall, no date
- Photo of Tapleytown School and list of names from the Tapleytown Institute
- Article on the Tapleytown UCW Centennial Tea, 1967
- Newspaper notice of 50th wedding anniversary of Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Carpenter, 1980
- Article about Pine Crest Literary Society
- Photo of Flossie Hildreth doing needlework, 1971
- Article, “Past & Present: Industries, Places of Business, and People, Part 3” by Elmer Hendershot
- Photo of the Vinemount 4-H Club, 1971
- Photo of Rock Chapel Church, no date
- Photo of Rock Chapel Choir, 1962
- Various articles about Tapleytown Church
- Various articles about Tweedside Church
- Photo of “Winona Landmark” at corner of Winona Road and Highway #8
- Pamphlet, “Epworth League Prayer Meeting Topics, 1906, Rock Chapel Epworth League”
- Various local church/WI events and meetings
- Article about Vinemount WI Anniversary tea, 1972
- Article, “Fire Levels Building,” post office/store burns down, no date
- Two handwritten stories, “Pilot explains circumstances of his mishap” and “Vinemount School”
- Article, “Vinemount Conservation Area Marked,” 1973
- Photo of students at Vinemount S.S. #10
- Map of Saltfleet Township, 1875
- Article, “Winona Fishing Industry,” 1950
- Article, “The Vinemount WI celebrates their Fortieth Anniversary,” 1966
- 1971 article about Vinemount WI’s St. Patrick’s Day Tea
- Miscellaneous articles about Vinemount WI events
- Article about FWIO Commemorative stamp, 1959
- Photos of Saltfleet WI members quilting
- Article about 50th anniversary of Stoney Creek WI, 1947
- Vinemount WI and Red Cross Quilters photo
- Obituary of Jennie Morden, died at 104 years of age in 1981
- 1944 article, “Celebration at Vinemount WI”
- Photo of planting of shrubs donated by E.D. Smith company
- Photos of 1931 Nursing Class at Vinemount Hall