Amherst Island Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1 F2 1964-96
- Amherst Island Women's Institute, Creator
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This volume is a continuation of Volume 1: Amherst Island near Kingston Ontario is a community of over four hundred comprised mostly of farmers and retirees from “away”, often Toronto or Ottawa. The Island is a component of Loyalist Township for municipal organization purposes, and is located in Lennox and Addington County. It has hourly car ferry service with the mainland at Millhaven, allowing some island residents to commute to work on the mainland. As of this writing, June 2016, there are five completed Tweedsmuir volumes in the collection. Volume I was completed in 1996. It covers the period when our books were started – the 1950’s- to 1996, but contains a lot of historical material dating well back into the 1800’s. It has a Table of Contents. A few of the names mentioned: Fowler, Hoodless, Tonty, and Tweedsmuir. Some key topics: Ards Peninsula, Amherst Island History, Bath Centennial, Centennial of the Dominion of Canada, WI Branch anniversaries, Presidents of the branch, Island Churches, Agriculture, Fishing, Schools, and Cemeteries. Some names featured include: Ameriks, Fleming, Lord Mount Cashell, McGinnis, McMullen, Wemp, Willard (Reeve).
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
- For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details
- Reproduction Notes:
- Contact the holder of the original. If the book is in a member's home, please contact the copyright holder.
Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6