Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 6 of 6
Stewartville, previously known as Balmer Island, is a hamlet situated in McNab Township in Renfrew County. It is on the shore of the Madawaska River and was part of the timber era.
Volumes 5 and 6 contain newspaper clippings, primarily from the 1960s and early 1970s, although there are a few clippings from the 1940s and 1950s. Although there are some wedding and anniversary announcements (volume 6), most clippings are on historical articles and community events.
- New Dam at White Lake, including photo of original dam
- Last log drive on Waba Creek (1971)
- Information on Arnprior dam (1971)
- Mac Beattie
- John Watt and homeopathy in Arnprior
- Photo of old curling club in Arnprior
Tweedsmuir Curators: Margaret Wright and Jessie Smith