Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 5 of 6
Stewartville, previously known as Balmer Island, is a hamlet situated in McNab Township in Renfrew County. It is on the shore of the Madawaska River and was part of the timber era.
Volumes 5 and 6 contain newspaper clippings, primarily from the 1960s and early 1970s, although there are a few clippings from the 1940s and 1950s. Although there are some wedding and anniversary announcements (volume 6), most clippings are on historical articles and community events.
- Series of Newspaper articles on early history, including names of locations, Laird McNab (before and after coming to Canada), Arnprior, and McLachlin Mills.
- Stewartville Hydro dam and changes at various other dams in the 1960s
- Gillies Inn demolished at Braeside
- Scheel Windows of Arnprior
- Rebuilding Waba Cottage at White Lake
- Kennedy sawmill at Waba – before and after fire (1970)