Stewartville WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 4 of 6
Stewartville, previously known as Balmer Island, is a hamlet situated in McNab Township in Renfrew County. It is on the shore of the Madawaska River and was part of the timber era.
Volumes 3 and 4 contain most of the same names mentioned in the first two volumes, as well as Bahm, Calberry, Carswell, Johnston, McCann, Roach and Young.
These two volumes contain primarily newspaper clippings from the 1970s to the 1990s. Both volumes contain information and pictures on:
- Branch members and events
- McNab Public School activities and graduations
- McNab Council and activities within township
- Wedding and anniversary announcements and obituaries.
Other information includes:
- Histories of Smith and Mitchell farms
- 1844 petition for Flat Rapid Cemetery (transcription)
- Stewartville Dam history and program for their 50th year open house (1998)
- Start-up of Arnprior & District Archives
- 1998 Ice Storm
Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
Location of Original:
Arnprior & McNab/Braeside Archives
For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details