Glasgow WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 2 of 6
Glasgow is a hamlet near the centre of McNab Township in Renfrew County. A nearby original hamlet was Lundy’s Corners. The Glasgow WI formed in 1914, disbanded in 1928 and rejoined in March 1948. Some families mentioned are Affleck, Anderson, Brown, Campbell, Carswell, Cherry, Dmytrychyn, Eady, Ferguson, Forrest, Gillan, Graham, Hamilton, Hutson, Lavallee, Laventure, Lundy, Kilgore, Mackie, McArthur, McIntosh, McLean, McMillan, Misner, Murphy, Neil, Perneel, Robertson, Russett, Scobie, Stewart, Sutherland, Tough, and Young
Besides information concerning the branch and its activities, the volumes contain history of early settlement, various buildings and industries, and events in the area. The following are some specifics:
Volume 2 includes many farm histories, obituaries, and an 1868 letter regarding S.S.# 13.
Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
Location of Original:
Arnprior & McNab/Braeside Archives
For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details