Glasgow Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 1 of 4
Glasgow is a hamlet near the centre of McNab Township in Renfrew County. A nearby original hamlet was Lundy’s Corners. The Glasgow WI formed in 1914, disbanded in 1928 and rejoined in March 1948. Some families mentioned are Affleck, Anderson, Brown, Campbell, Carswell, Cherry, Dmytrychyn, Eady, Ferguson, Forrest, Gillan, Graham, Hamilton, Hutson, Lavallee, Laventure, Lundy, Kilgore, Mackie, McArthur, McIntosh, McLean, McMillan, Misner, Murphy, Neil, Perneel, Robertson, Russett, Scobie, Stewart, Sutherland, Tough, and Young
Besides information concerning the branch and its activities, the volumes contain history of early settlement, various buildings and industries, and events in the area. The following are some specifics:
Volume 1 contains a 1852 list of people in McNab Township, 1921 McNab Township voter’s list, a 1890s sketch of Lundy’s Corners, a 1950s sketches of Glasgow Station and land owners in S.S.#13 McNab school, and 1852 sketch of owners in Lot 18 concession 7 McNab.