Elmview WI Tweedsmuir Community History, Volume 2
- Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON), -
- Elmview Women's Institute, Creator
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Elmview WI Tweedsmuir Community History, Volume 2
- "Historical Research of Hamilton Twp." By Elmview Institute
- Article, "Union Jack was Made by J. Way," 1965
- Various poems about Canada
- Article, "The Queen Mother Arrives at Batterwood for Lunch" and other articles about the Royal Family
- Article, "It's the golden jubilee for Women's Institutes," 1965
- Article, "Serpent Mounds is Historic Site"
- Article, "Some Church History Hamilton Township," 1965
- Articles about local buildings of historical significance: Barnum, Bluestone, Battell, Victoria Hall
- Photo of King and Division street corner, Cobourg, 1908
- List of Previous Corners School Teachers and Trustees
- Program for Bethesda South United Church centennial anniversary services, 1965
- President's Address delivered at the 1972 District Annual Meeting at Bethesda South Church
- Articles about 100th anniversary of Bethesda South Church
- Obituary for Howard Budd
- Poem, "To Canada's Centennial, 1867-1967"
- Article, "The Women's Institute Started Here in 1906" (Cobourg)
- Article about local WI meetings, December 1967
- Article about 60th anniversary of Cobourg WI, 1966
- Articles about history of churches in Cobourg
- Article, "Five Traill Women at Party"
- Article, "Port Hope Fair Grew with many Changes Through Years," 1963
- Photo/article about rail strike, 1966
- Photos of Cobourg Harbour, 1882/1952
- Article about Nellie McClung
- Article, "First Book Printed in Canada Produced by Woman to Lift Husband's Spirits in Montreal Jail," 1956
- Article, "Memorial Home gets Leacock Manuscript"
- Article, "Oscar Davey Farm was Mecca for 300 Farmers on Land Use Day in Hamilton Township"
- Photo of Confederation Train, 1967
- Articles about band shell, and Cobourg Kilties Band, 1962
- Article, "Old bones under glass at Serpent Mounds"
- Articles about James Cockburn
- Article, "Baltimore was Thriving Village Early in 1800, 1967
- Article about Ethel Chapman's contributions to agriculture
- Poem, "The Execution of Doctor King," by John F. Ivey
- Article about Birdsall century farm
- Article, "The Miracle Workers of Confederation," 1967 and various other articles about Confederation/Canada's Centennial
- Photos of early automobiles
- Article, "World Elite at Expo 67"
- Article, "Trip Through County Farms Gives N.S. Farmers Some New Ideas"
- Photo/Article about unveiling of plaque commemorating Susanna Moodie
- Articles and photos about Trent Valley Area Convention
- Articles about death of Vincent Massey
- Pamphlet about Cobourg history, including William Weller, Father Duffy, Marie Dressler, Katherine Cornell, Beatrice Lillie, Victoria Hall, Victoria College, Barnum House, Victoria Park, Serpent Mounds, Rice Lake, Baltimore Hotel
- Article, "William Kennedy Captured Thief over Fifty Years Ago in 1913," 1968
- Photo of Cobourg Post Office and post card showing the post mark of Elmview Post Office, 1909
- "The Woman's Globe and Mail" article "Summer's First Long Weekend Signals Sportswear," 1966 (fashion throughout the centuries: 1690-1966)
- Article, "H. Blow New President" (of Cobourg Chamber of Commerce)
- Photo of West Northumberland District Annual, 1964
- Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details
- Reproduction Notes:
- Contact the holder of the original. If the book is in a member’s home, please contact the copyright holder.
Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6