User Contributions: 120+ Years of Women Involved! WI Plaques, Halls, and Projects Across the Province
Records

Results

We found
107
matching items
  • Kemble WI Cairn and Parkette for Oldest Active WI Branch in World
        This cairn and parkette were created by Kemble WI, the oldest active WI Branch in the world, to commemorate the 110th anniversary of the WI movement. It was erected in a newly developed parkette/lookout and opened on September 11, 2007. The cairn was designed by Marnie Cheyne. The table is ...
      This cairn and parkette were created by Kemble WI, the oldest active ...
  • Pine Grove Cairn Commemorating the Early Settlers
        This cairn, located at Wellington Park just outside of Arnprior Ontario, was dedicated September 2, 1989 as their 75th anniversary project. The plaque reads: "1914-1989 To commemorate the Early Settlers. In the early 1800's this community was settled. The first white child of McNab Township was born in a sod ...
      This cairn, located at Wellington Park just outside of Arnprior Ontario, was ...
  • Bi-Centennial Wall Hanging from FWIO
        This wall hanging was presented by the Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario to the Province of Ontario for the province's bi-centennial on June 11, 1984. It is on display at the Legislature, Queen's Park, Toronto. This image was taken from an FWIO hasti-note package.
      This wall hanging was presented by the Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario ...
  • Bervie WI Hall
        This building was originally a Loyal Orange Lodge (L.O.L.) and was constructed in 1855. It was one of the earliest structures in Bervie. In 1960 Bervie WI purchased the hall. The next year they moved the building across the road. After renovations and restorations, it has been enjoyed by members, ...
      This building was originally a Loyal Orange Lodge (L.O.L.) and was constructed ...
  • Pinnacle Park new Renfrew
        Pinnacle Park was created by the Bonnechere Valley WI as their centennial project in 1967. This resting spot with a picnic table is situated at the corner of Pinnacle Road and Elliott Crescent, very near Highway 60 as one leaves Renfrew towards Douglas. It has a great view of the ...
      Pinnacle Park was created by the Bonnechere Valley WI as their centennial ...
  • Mount Pleasant WI Hall
        This is a photo of the Mount Pleasant WI Hall, located in the community of Mount Pleasant. The Hall was donated to the Women's Institute in 1905 by the International Order of Good Templars. Mount Pleasant WI, part of the Peterborough District of Eastern Ontario, currently has 12 members (2019). ...
      This is a photo of the Mount Pleasant WI Hall, located in ...
  • Goshen WI Cairn Commemorating Goshen Community
        This cairn is situated at the corner of Goshen and Yantha Roads near Renfrew. It reads as follows: This plaque commemorates the 70th anniversary of Goshen Women's Institute - 1914-1984 With grateful memories to all its members past and present as well as much gratitude to a once thriving farming ...
      This cairn is situated at the corner of Goshen and Yantha Roads ...
  • Castleton Cenotaph
        This Cenotaph to honour World War 1 soldiers "who paid the supreme sacrifice" was erected in 1920. It is located on the south side of County Road 25 at the southeast corner of Spring and Norway Streets east of the main Castleton ”downtown” intersection of County Roads 21 and 25. ...
      This Cenotaph to honour World War 1 soldiers "who paid the supreme ...
  • Plaque to Honour WWI Veterans by Westport WI
        This plaque reads: 1914 1919 Erected by the Women's Institute of Westport in proud and honoured memory of the following members of this community who fell in the Great War: Orval P. Adam Frederick Board Theodore Charbonneau John Cherry David A. Herlehy Robert A. Kane Terrance J. McCaffery Edward Nixon ...
      This plaque reads: 1914 1919 Erected by the Women's Institute of Westport ...
  • Braemar W.I. Plaque
        This plaque was placed on the gatepost of Jonathan Hook’s farm prior to the 1960’s. It is not yet known who installed the plaque. This photo was taken in the fall of 2017.
      This plaque was placed on the gatepost of Jonathan Hook’s farm prior ...
  • Brooksdale WI Plaque - Youngsville
        Youngsville In 1839 Gabriel Youngs came from New York State and purchased 1000 acres of land surrounding these crossroads. The Great Western Hotel, built on this site before 1850, served settlers travelling from Beachville to Stratford. This being the central point of the township, the West Zorra Counci lmet here ...
      Youngsville In 1839 Gabriel Youngs came from New York State and purchased ...
  • Adamsville WI Hall
        Adamsville WI Hall Adamsville Women's Institute was organized in 1934 and disbanded in 2012. The Community Hall was the former one-room school (S.S. #3, Albemarle Township, Bruce County) until 1967 when Central Schools were formed. The Community bought the school for $50.00 and appointed a Board of Trustees. The building ...
      Adamsville WI Hall Adamsville Women's Institute was organized in 1934 and disbanded ...
  • Gillies Hill Remembering Hamlets
        This collage represents the signs that were updated and replaced in 2016 by the Gillies Hill WI in remembrance of hamlets in the community which are now gone but not forgotten. The signs shown are for the hamlets Carnegie, Cantire, Gillies Hill, Lockerby, Mickle, and Vesta.
      This collage represents the signs that were updated and replaced in 2016 ...
  • Gillies Hill Adopt a Road - 20th anniversary
        In 2017 Gillies Hill WI members proudly marked their 20th anniversary of cleaning the roadside of a section of road north of Chesley, Ontario.
      In 2017 Gillies Hill WI members proudly marked their 20th anniversary of ...
  • Teeterville WI Hall
        Teeterville Women's Institute Hall, located at 194 Teeter Street, Teeterville. The S.S. No. 11 Teeterville, built in 1871, became the Teeterville Women’s Institute in 1962. The school was in operation from 1872 to 1962. Photo courtesy of Norfolk County Heritage and Culture. Photo used with permission.
      Teeterville Women's Institute Hall, located at 194 Teeter Street, Teeterville. The S.S. ...
  • Solway WI Plaque
        Plaque reads: "Est. 1951 Solway Women's Institute [Home and Country Logo] Dedicate this plaque to the pioneer settlers of Solway 2011"
      Plaque reads: "Est. 1951 Solway Women's Institute [Home and Country Logo] Dedicate ...
  • Coningsby Road Sign
        This photo, taken in 2015, depicts Coningsby WI's UK twin WI group from Coningsby, Lincolnshire, England. They visited to celebrate the Centennial of the Women's Institutes in the UK as well as the 110th anniversary of Ontario's Coningsby WI branch. The Coningsby road sign was put up to celebrate the ...
      This photo, taken in 2015, depicts Coningsby WI's UK twin WI group ...
  • Cornell WI Hall - 1972
    The Tillsonburg News, 27 Mar 1972     The Tillsonburg News March 27, 1972 Old Cornell School Now Community Hall Some hard work by Cornell residents has resulted in turning their old school-house into a very acceptable community hall. The hall is over 100 years old. It was closed down as a school several years ago, and the ...
    The Tillsonburg News, 27 Mar 1972   The Tillsonburg News March 27, 1972 Old Cornell School Now Community Hall ...
  • Cornell WI Hall - 2016
        In 2016, Norwich Township declared that the hall could not be rented due to changing fire regulations. With rising hydro and fuel costs and declining involvement, the Cornell Women's Institute could no longer look after the hall. The Township sold it in 2017 to Wilson Farms from Norwich.
      In 2016, Norwich Township declared that the hall could not be rented ...
  • Braemar Hall
        At one time, This Braemar Hall was the hub of the community as it hosted both social and church events. It was on land adjacent to that owned by Lloyd Masters who at the time of the hall’s demise took over the lot as part of his farm on the ...
      At one time, This Braemar Hall was the hub of the community ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

thumbnail








User Contributions: 120+ Years of Women Involved! WI Plaques, Halls, and Projects Across the Province