User Contributions: 120 Years of Women Involved! WI Plaques, Halls, and Projects Across the Province


Records

Results

We found
14
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Former Calton WI Hall
    PlaceImage       This building was originally the Calton WI Hall, but was later sold to be used as a private home.
    PlaceImage     This building was originally the Calton WI Hall, but was later sold to be used as a private home.
  • Reid's Corner's WI Community Hall
    ImageObjectPlace       Handwritten below the photograph of the hall is the following: "Reids Corners Community Hall For many years all regular monthly meetings, 4H meetings, short courses, annual variety and Christmas concerts, Halloween parties, Wedding dinners, Banquets, and Anniversary celebrations were held there. The first regular meeting there was in February 1948. ...
    ImageObjectPlace     Handwritten below the photograph of the hall is the following: "Reids Corners Community Hall For many years all regular monthly meetings, 4H meetings, short courses, annual variety and Christmas concerts, ...
  • Nobleton Community Hall
    ImagePlace       Nobleton Community Hall. located in York Centre WI district Top: Under Construction Back in the Thirties. Bottom: 1986 Nobleton Community Hall is truly a “community” place. It was built in 1936 by volunteer labour with materials purchased through fundraising.The accomplishment of building a hall in Nobleton was a demonstration of ...
    ImagePlace     Nobleton Community Hall. located in York Centre WI district Top: Under Construction Back in the Thirties. Bottom: 1986 Nobleton Community Hall is truly a “community” place. It was built in ...
  • QUEEN’S LINE WOMEN’S INSTITUTE HALL NORTH RENFREW DISTRICT
    ImagePlace       This hall started out as a Holiness Movement Church built in 1898. In 1961, the Queen’s Line Women’s Institute bought this building for $200. to be used as a community centre This hall was used for euchre parties, baby showers, bridal showers, wedding anniversaries, a fashion show, an artist studio ...
    ImagePlace     This hall started out as a Holiness Movement Church built in 1898. In 1961, the Queen’s Line Women’s Institute bought this building for $200. to be used as a community ...
  • Cornell WI Hall - 2016
    ImageObjectPlace       In 2016, Norwich Township declared that the hall could not be rented due to changing fire regulations. With rising hydro and fuel costs and declining involvement, the Cornell Women's Institute could no longer look after the hall. The Township sold it in 2017 to Wilson Farms from Norwich.
    ImageObjectPlace     In 2016, Norwich Township declared that the hall could not be rented due to changing fire regulations. With rising hydro and fuel costs and declining involvement, the Cornell Women's Institute ...
  • Teeterville WI Hall
    ImageObjectPlace       Teeterville Women's Institute Hall, located at 194 Teeter Street, Teeterville. The S.S. No. 11 Teeterville, built in 1871, became the Teeterville Women’s Institute in 1962. The school was in operation from 1872 to 1962. Photo courtesy of Norfolk County Heritage and Culture. Photo used with permission.
    ImageObjectPlace     Teeterville Women's Institute Hall, located at 194 Teeter Street, Teeterville. The S.S. No. 11 Teeterville, built in 1871, became the Teeterville Women’s Institute in 1962. The school was in operation ...
  • Troy/Lynden Women's Institute Hall, Troy Ontario
    ImagePlace       In 1962 Troy Women's Institute branch members purchased this local two room schoolhouse (built in 1878) as a WI hall for community events. Renovations have occurred with the help of community members, Lottario, and a Trillium Grant. In 1995, a historical plaque was placed on the outside wall on the ...
    ImagePlace     In 1962 Troy Women's Institute branch members purchased this local two room schoolhouse (built in 1878) as a WI hall for community events. Renovations have occurred with the help of ...
  • Mountview Women's Institute Hall
    ImageObject       Mountview Women’s Institute Hall Country Heritage Park – Milton, Ontario This small frame building built in 1838 on Ferris Lawrence’s property, was one of the first rural churches in Central Ontario. It was located on Concession 2 in Trafalgar Township on the corner of what is now Winston Churchill Boulevard ...
    ImageObject     Mountview Women’s Institute Hall Country Heritage Park – Milton, Ontario This small frame building built in 1838 on Ferris Lawrence’s property, was one of the first rural churches in Central ...
  • Cornell WI Hall - 1972
    ImageObjectNewspaperPlace  The Tillsonburg News, 27 Mar 1972     The Tillsonburg News March 27, 1972 Old Cornell School Now Community Hall Some hard work by Cornell residents has resulted in turning their old school-house into a very acceptable community hall. The hall is over 100 years old. It was closed down as a school several years ago, and the ...
    ImageObjectNewspaperPlace  The Tillsonburg News, 27 Mar 1972   The Tillsonburg News March 27, 1972 Old Cornell School Now Community Hall Some hard work by Cornell residents has resulted in turning their old school-house into a very acceptable community ...
  • Wellman's Women's Institute Hall
    ImagePlace       On April 28th 1869 David Mack donated the land (Pt. Lot 19, Con. 5 Rawdon Twp.) for a Wesleyan Church, a branch of Methodism, where the present building now stands. The citizens decided to combine their resources and build a house of worship. Although their own homes were of logs ...
    ImagePlace     On April 28th 1869 David Mack donated the land (Pt. Lot 19, Con. 5 Rawdon Twp.) for a Wesleyan Church, a branch of Methodism, where the present building now stands. ...
  • Colpoy's Bay Womens' Institute and Community Hall
    ImageObjectPlace       The new executive at our CBWI from left to right are Lacey Thompson treasurer, Shirley Couch director, Tara Stanton secretary, Marywinn Daykin vice president, and Karin van der Hayden Thomas president. The photo was taken in April, 2017 in front of the CBWI and Community Hall on County Rd. 9 ...
    ImageObjectPlace     The new executive at our CBWI from left to right are Lacey Thompson treasurer, Shirley Couch director, Tara Stanton secretary, Marywinn Daykin vice president, and Karin van der Hayden Thomas ...
  • Gillies Hill Pioneer Monument
    ImageObject       Gillies Hill - site of municipal government 1856-1963 in memory of the pioneers of Elderslie Township
    ImageObject     Gillies Hill - site of municipal government 1856-1963 in memory of the pioneers of Elderslie Township
  • Adamsville WI Hall
    ImageObjectPlace       Adamsville WI Hall Adamsville Women's Institute was organized in 1934 and disbanded in 2012. The Community Hall was the former one-room school (S.S. #3, Albemarle Township, Bruce County) until 1967 when Central Schools were formed. The Community bought the school for $50.00 and appointed a Board of Trustees. The building ...
    ImageObjectPlace     Adamsville WI Hall Adamsville Women's Institute was organized in 1934 and disbanded in 2012. The Community Hall was the former one-room school (S.S. #3, Albemarle Township, Bruce County) until 1967 ...
  • Braemar Hall
    ImageText       At one time, This Braemar Hall was the hub of the community as it hosted both social and church events. It was on land adjacent to that owned by Lloyd Masters who at the time of the hall’s demise took over the lot as part of his farm on the ...
    ImageText     At one time, This Braemar Hall was the hub of the community as it hosted both social and church events. It was on land adjacent to that owned by Lloyd ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










User Contributions: 120 Years of Women Involved! WI Plaques, Halls, and Projects Across the Province