User Contributions: 120 Years of Women Involved! WI Plaques, Halls, and Projects Across the Province


Records

Results

We found
74
matching items
Creative Commons
by-nc-sa
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Bervie WI Hall
    ImageObject       This building was originally a Loyal Orange Lodge (L.O.L.) and was constructed in 1855. It was one of the earliest structures in Bervie. In 1960 Bervie WI purchased the hall. The next year they moved the building across the road. After renovations and restorations, it has been enjoyed by members, ...
    ImageObject     This building was originally a Loyal Orange Lodge (L.O.L.) and was constructed in 1855. It was one of the earliest structures in Bervie. In 1960 Bervie WI purchased the hall. ...
  • Bi-Centennial Wall Hanging from FWIO
    ImageObject       This wall hanging was presented by the Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario to the Province of Ontario for the province's bi-centennial on June 11, 1984. It is on display at the Legislature, Queen's Park, Toronto. This image was taken from an FWIO hasti-note package.
    ImageObject     This wall hanging was presented by the Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario to the Province of Ontario for the province's bi-centennial on June 11, 1984. It is on display at ...
  • Mount Pleasant WI Hall
    ImagePlace       This is a photo of the Mount Pleasant WI Hall, located in the community of Mount Pleasant. The Hall was donated to the Women's Institute in 1905 by the International Order of Good Templars. Mount Pleasant WI, part of the Peterborough District of Eastern Ontario, currently has 12 members (2019). ...
    ImagePlace     This is a photo of the Mount Pleasant WI Hall, located in the community of Mount Pleasant. The Hall was donated to the Women's Institute in 1905 by the International ...
  • Pinnacle Park new Renfrew
    ImagePlace       Pinnacle Park was created by the Bonnechere Valley WI as their centennial project in 1967. This resting spot with a picnic table is situated at the corner of Pinnacle Road and Elliott Crescent, very near Highway 60 as one leaves Renfrew towards Douglas. It has a great view of the ...
    ImagePlace     Pinnacle Park was created by the Bonnechere Valley WI as their centennial project in 1967. This resting spot with a picnic table is situated at the corner of Pinnacle Road ...
  • Goshen WI Cairn Commemorating Goshen Community
    ImageObject       This cairn is situated at the corner of Goshen and Yantha Roads near Renfrew. It reads as follows: This plaque commemorates the 70th anniversary of Goshen Women's Institute - 1914-1984 With grateful memories to all its members past and present as well as much gratitude to a once thriving farming ...
    ImageObject     This cairn is situated at the corner of Goshen and Yantha Roads near Renfrew. It reads as follows: This plaque commemorates the 70th anniversary of Goshen Women's Institute - 1914-1984 ...
  • Plaque to Honour WWI Veterans by Westport WI
    ImageObject       This plaque reads: 1914 1919 Erected by the Women's Institute of Westport in proud and honoured memory of the following members of this community who fell in the Great War: Orval P. Adam Frederick Board Theodore Charbonneau John Cherry David A. Herlehy Robert A. Kane Terrance J. McCaffery Edward Nixon ...
    ImageObject     This plaque reads: 1914 1919 Erected by the Women's Institute of Westport in proud and honoured memory of the following members of this community who fell in the Great War: ...
  • Castleton Cenotaph
    ImageObject       This Cenotaph to honour World War 1 soldiers "who paid the supreme sacrifice" was erected in 1920. It is located on the south side of County Road 25 at the southeast corner of Spring and Norway Streets east of the main Castleton ”downtown” intersection of County Roads 21 and 25. ...
    ImageObject     This Cenotaph to honour World War 1 soldiers "who paid the supreme sacrifice" was erected in 1920. It is located on the south side of County Road 25 at the ...
  • Gillies Hill Remembering Hamlets
    ImageObjectPlace       This collage represents the signs that were updated and replaced in 2016 by the Gillies Hill WI in remembrance of hamlets in the community which are now gone but not forgotten. The signs shown are for the hamlets Carnegie, Cantire, Gillies Hill, Lockerby, Mickle, and Vesta.
    ImageObjectPlace     This collage represents the signs that were updated and replaced in 2016 by the Gillies Hill WI in remembrance of hamlets in the community which are now gone but not ...
  • Rosebank W.I. -plaque
    ImageObject       THE HISTORY OF ROSEBANK CHURCH Rosebank Church was built about 1846 in Admaston Township on Henry Hutton's farm. The logs were donated by Rowland Crozier. Shingles were hand shaven by Mr. Hanawel and Miles Brown. The neighbours united to build the church. Peter Dalgleish named the church "Rosebank" after the ...
    ImageObject     THE HISTORY OF ROSEBANK CHURCH Rosebank Church was built about 1846 in Admaston Township on Henry Hutton's farm. The logs were donated by Rowland Crozier. Shingles were hand shaven by ...
  • Horton North W.I. brick
    ImageObject       This is a brick commemorating fund raising for Renfrew Victoria Hospital. Donation by Horton North Women's Institute
    ImageObject     This is a brick commemorating fund raising for Renfrew Victoria Hospital. Donation by Horton North Women's Institute
  • Ontario Historic Site Plaque at Erland Lee (Museum) Home
    ImageObjectPlace       In 1967, the Lee family home (not yet a museum) was designated by the Ontario Archaeological and Historic Sites Board. Erland and Janet’s daughter and daughter-in-law, Marjorie Lee and Katherine Lee respectively, were present at the unveiling of the sign, which was placed in front of the home at the ...
    ImageObjectPlace     In 1967, the Lee family home (not yet a museum) was designated by the Ontario Archaeological and Historic Sites Board. Erland and Janet’s daughter and daughter-in-law, Marjorie Lee and Katherine ...
  • Hampstead Women's Institute Heritage Plaque
    ImageObjectPlace       The plaque reads: "On March 5, 1903, twenty four local women met at this site for the inaugural meeting of the Hampstead Women's Institute. It was one of the earliest branches formed in Ontario and part of what would become the largest rural women's movement in the world. Members of ...
    ImageObjectPlace     The plaque reads: "On March 5, 1903, twenty four local women met at this site for the inaugural meeting of the Hampstead Women's Institute. It was one of the earliest ...
  • Unveiling of North Easthope Cairn with Lord and Lady Tweedsmuir, 1936
    Image       Lord and Lady (with flowers) Tweedsmuir pose in front of the pioneer cairn – unveiled May 28, 1936. Behind them – Mary Louise McLennan and to the right of Lady Tweedsmuir (behind youngster) is Katherine McCallum – both women researched and recorded kitchen table-type history of the North Easthope pioneers. ...
    Image     Lord and Lady (with flowers) Tweedsmuir pose in front of the pioneer cairn – unveiled May 28, 1936. Behind them – Mary Louise McLennan and to the right of Lady ...
  • North Easthope Township Cairn, Presentation of Pioneer History to Lord Tweedsmuir, 1936
    Image       Hampstead Women’s Institute president passes the leather-bound copy of “History of the Pioneers” over to Lord Tweedsmuir May 28, 1936 STORY: In 1934, the residents of North Easthope township planned to build a cairn to honour the early settlers in their area who had emigrated from Scotland and Ireland. After ...
    Image     Hampstead Women’s Institute president passes the leather-bound copy of “History of the Pioneers” over to Lord Tweedsmuir May 28, 1936 STORY: In 1934, the residents of North Easthope township planned ...
  • Troy/Lynden Women's Institute Hall, Troy Ontario
    ImagePlace       In 1962 Troy Women's Institute branch members purchased this local two room schoolhouse (built in 1878) as a WI hall for community events. Renovations have occurred with the help of community members, Lottario, and a Trillium Grant. In 1995, a historical plaque was placed on the outside wall on the ...
    ImagePlace     In 1962 Troy Women's Institute branch members purchased this local two room schoolhouse (built in 1878) as a WI hall for community events. Renovations have occurred with the help of ...
  • Reid's Corners WI Learning Chair 1
    ImagePlace       BBFG photo –caption Members of Reid’s Corners Women’s Institute gather round the Learning Chair they have donated to the Bruce Botanical Food Garden in Ripley: back L Brenda Ramsdale, Ruby Walden, Alberta Munro, Judy Snobelen, Lucille Fischer, Linda Campbell, Nancy Copeland, Ellen Waye; front L Barb Messenger, Evelyn Elliott, president ...
    ImagePlace     BBFG photo –caption Members of Reid’s Corners Women’s Institute gather round the Learning Chair they have donated to the Bruce Botanical Food Garden in Ripley: back L Brenda Ramsdale, Ruby ...
  • Reid's Corners WI Learning Chair 2
    Image       story by Online paper The Kincardine Record
    Image     story by Online paper The Kincardine Record
  • Reid's Corner's WI Community Hall
    ImageObjectPlace       Handwritten below the photograph of the hall is the following: "Reids Corners Community Hall For many years all regular monthly meetings, 4H meetings, short courses, annual variety and Christmas concerts, Halloween parties, Wedding dinners, Banquets, and Anniversary celebrations were held there. The first regular meeting there was in February 1948. ...
    ImageObjectPlace     Handwritten below the photograph of the hall is the following: "Reids Corners Community Hall For many years all regular monthly meetings, 4H meetings, short courses, annual variety and Christmas concerts, ...
  • Reid's Corners WI  Memorial Tablet
    ImageObjectPlace       Between the photographs of the churches reads the following hand-written description: "Pine River Presbyterian Church was erected in 1869 after (the) first church, built in 1864, was destroyed by a bush fire. It was veneered with brick in 1901, was redecorated in 1948, new maple floor, new seats, a furnace ...
    ImageObjectPlace     Between the photographs of the churches reads the following hand-written description: "Pine River Presbyterian Church was erected in 1869 after (the) first church, built in 1864, was destroyed by a ...
  • Plaque - Location of First District Annual of Renfrew South
    Image       "To commemorate the First District Annual of South Renfrew Women's Institute held in Burnstown June 4, 1914" Erected June 4, 1973 by Renfrew South District at Burnstown United Church.
    Image     "To commemorate the First District Annual of South Renfrew Women's Institute held in Burnstown June 4, 1914" Erected June 4, 1973 by Renfrew South District at Burnstown United Church.
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










User Contributions: 120 Years of Women Involved! WI Plaques, Halls, and Projects Across the Province